Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How to Treat Your Bridesmaids Well
Bridesmaids are your support staff for organising your wedding and a good bridesmaid will make the job of planning and executing your wedding a breeze. What with all those 2am phone calls, middle of the day frantic emails to check on the wedding favours and proof the invitations, lost weekends spent shopping for your gown and looking at wedding venues, and having to keep a smile on their face the whole time, a bridesmaid's work is simply never done!
Bridesmaids duties include (and are certainly not limited to!):
- Plan the bridal shower and kitchen tea, as well as a hens party;
- Attend the dress fittings for both the bride and bridesmaids and contribute to the decisions - many bridesmaids are also expected to pay for their own gowns;
- Attend the planning appointments with hairdressers and make up artists - again, many bridesmaids are expected to pay for these sessions themselves as well as the beauty and hair bills on the day;
- Assist the bride to select the wedding decorations, flowers, venue, invitations, bombonieres and more!
- Help the bride to address and send the wedding invitations, and compile the wedding favours;
- Pick up any last minute bits and bobs that need to be done such as wedding bubbles, the wedding garter and parasols;
- Attend all of the pre-wedding events such as hens parties, engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsals;
- Help dress the bride on the wedding day including assisting with keeping the bride calm with lots of glasses of bubbles!
- Assisting throughout the wedding ceremony and reception with making sure the bride's gown is perfect, her flowers are in great condition and generally providing lots of moral support!
- Assist the bride with the gift opening and thank you notes after the wedding day.
If you have some brilliant girls in your support team, it's important to remember that although your wedding day is about you and your fiance, they have put in alot of work, energy and time to make your day special, so we highly recommend you let them know how grateful they are as often as you can!
Most brides opt to give their support team a bridesmaid gift to say thank you formally for all of their support. Depending on your budget, there are many options to choose from including a bridesmaid robe that all the girls can get ready in (and they also make beautiful photos when all the girls are lined up being glamourised!), a monogrammed makeup bag filled with some pretty treats that your girls will adore such as some OPI nailpolish or lip gloss; a personalised pearl bracelet that can be worn on your wedding day and be treasured forever more as a keepsake gift; or a custom bridal party tee shirt or singlet which can be personalised with your bridesmaids names or special message in crystals in the colour of your choice and worn to all of your wedding events.
No matter what you decide, remember that your bridesmaids need to be thanked as often as you can, so sending a little email or text throughout the planning process just letting them know how much you appreciate their support can make all the difference!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.