Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Your hair is your crowning glory – and never more so than on your wedding day. But should you wear your hair up or down? Straight or curly? Chignon or bun? Ponytail or braid? With so many styles, which one should you choose?
- Match your hair to your gown. Your hair should complement your gown, not compete with it. Loose locks look best with a floating, flowing dress and a beach wedding, for instance, while a sleek look works wonders with an elegant simple cut dress at a cocktail party.
- Be realistic. The type of hair you have isn’t going to change on your wedding day. Work with your natural assets and be realistic about what can and can’t be achieved with the magic of scissors, bobby pins, extensions and hairspray!
- Take care of your tresses. Look after the condition of your hair in the lead-up to your big day. Glossy, shiny hair is the go – so condition your hair regularly and treat yourself the occasional luxury hair treatment.
- Plan ahead. If you have your hair coloured or treated, book an appointment with your hairdresser at least one month before your wedding day. That way, your style will have time to soften and you can fix any problems that may arise before your big day. Get a trim a few weeks before your wedding day to neaten up your hairstyle.
- Shop around. If you don’t have a regular hairdresser, try consulting a few different stylists to ensure you find the best person for you. Take a trial run of your chosen style to guarantee you don’t get any nasty surprises on your wedding day!
- Be yourself. Don’t stray too far from who you are! You don’t want your guests to be left asking “who is that woman in white?”. And besides, an overly fussy hairdo is just another thing for you to fuss over on your wedding day. Keep it simple is the best principle!
Once you’ve chosen your wedding day hairstyle, think about pretty bridal hair accessories to enhance your look. Pink Frosting's online wedding shop has a beautiful selection of romantic tiaras, traditional veils, sparkling hair combs and dainty hairpins which are an easy, elegant way to add the perfect finishing touch to your wedding day hairstyle.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.