Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
10 Ideas for Boy's Parties
A young boy will remember back to his childhood birthday parties as he grows up, so why not make it a party he will never forget! This year has brought with it a need for bold, bright and modern styling for parties. The Pink Frosting Party Shop allows you to create a spectacular at home birthday party for your child without the price sky rocketing through the roof, or your house being turned upside down. If you are stuck looking for ideas on how to throw your birthday boy a party at home that all the kids will be jealous of, have a read through these top ten ideas for boy’s parties:
1) Coming in at first place is a Mud Run Obstacle course. What boy doesn’t love a bit of competition, mud and running around in circles outside! So why not incorporate all these ideas and throw him a Mud Run Obstacle course party. Set up an obstacle course through your back yard, or at the local park, designed for boys to get down and dirty as they tackle the track to win the competition. Add in a mud pit (using a blow up pool) and hide some plastic insects or army men inside for the boys to find, at the end of the course have a water slide or a sprinkle so they can wash off after running around in the mud (make sure they bring their swimmers!).
2) A Bowling party – You don’t need to go and spend lots of money at a bowling alley with this one! Lots of retail stores sell kids sets of ten pin bowls (there plastic! So no boo boo’s). You can set up a lane in your back yard, on a concrete path, on the back veranda, or if you have a large open room inside the kids can use. It’s easy to than match up the bowling party theme with appropriate foods, like mini hot dogs, mini burgers, any foods you might find at a bowling alley, don’t forget party plates and cups! You also don’t need to think of additional party games as the theme is the game!
3) A Monster Party – This theme allows the kids to get creative and dressed up in costume. You can set up the back yard with caves and forts so they can play around in a monsters cave! The costume theme allows for a ‘best dressed’ competition and games like hide-and-seek to become more elaborate and have a scary factor with everyone dressed as monster. You can tailor the food to the theme with things like green jelly for a slime or a chocolate mud cake with lolly worms and bugs in it as monster mud food.
4) Why not step back in time and throw a Dinosaur theme party. Set up some pre-historic fun with dinosaur skeleton excavations (all you need is shoe boxes, sand and skeletons!), a dinosaur egg hunt around the yard and serve some stegosaurus spikes (chicken nuggets) and other creative foods that add some more excitement to the party. At Pink Frosting’s Party Shop there is a wide range of items all with a dinosaur theme, from invitations, cups & plates, a dinosaur cake decorating kit and themed decorations, you will be able to turn your house back into a pre-historic time, but don’t forget to RAWR...SVP, this is one party you don’t want to be extinct from!
5) It is every little boys dream when he grows up to be a Superhero. It is a classic theme you can’t go wrong with; think bright reds, bold blues and everyone dressed as their favourite superhero. Depending on your sons favourite superhero make him a cake that will be remembered forever. Try these Batman or Spiderman cake decorating kits to personalize to your boy’s favourite superhero.
6) Another great idea for your little adventurer is a holding a Pirate Themed party! Pirate parties bring on a list of excellent party games you can play. From pass the cannonball (similar to hot potato), musical islands, and a treasure hunt and of course the costumes themselves are a creative game for kids to experiment with. The Party Shop has everything you need to set the scene for your little adventurers, personalised invitations, treasure chest piñata’s, cake toppers and wall decorations, are just a few items to get you started.
7) Transport themed parties have been all the rage in 2012 for young boys. With movies like Transformers or Disney’s Cars 2, young boys can’t get enough of car themed parties. Think black and white checked flag plates, red racing car balloons and a car pit stop cake decoration - so start your engines and have a look at the wide range of decorating options available at Pink Frosting’s Party Shop.
8) Army themed parties for boys are a great way of getting the kids out of the house and playing in the back yard where they can camouflage themselves into the surroundings. This also gives you the opportunity to include activities like face painting (camouflage colours of course) and capture the flag. You could also take the idea from the Mud Run theme and add in an adventure obstacle course for the boys to tackle. You can use camouflage table clothes and plates to serve the party food on and send the boys home with a goody bag full of army figurines, mini flags and left over cake!
9) Another trend that has been going wild for boy’s parties is Robots & Space themes. You can have a lot of fun with this one, transforming your house or backyard into a space ship or a planet, you can use these robot hanging decorations or a 3D Robot scene setters allowing the boys to explore a different universe for the day! If you want to stray from the usual costume themed parties, you can supply some robot masks and set up a crafts table where they can make their own robot costume on the day! Include things like plastic plates, pipe cleaners, and streamers on your craft table and don’t forget to send your little robots home with a goody bag full of space treats!
10) Coming in at number ten for boys party themes is a Lego Party! Create the ultimate party space and build a Lego City. You can use a Lego table decorating kit to build your ultimate Lego city for the boys to play amongst, or for a life size affect grab cardboard boxes and spray paint them all different colours, draw buildings on them and this can add to your life size city. You can also incorporate into this theme the idea of a building party and use some construction props and decorations.
The Pink Frosting Party Shop has everything you need to host the ultimate boy’s party. It allows you to start with an idea and create that into something adventurous that everyone will love and remember.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.