Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Wedding Reception Trends
So, what's hot and what's not for wedding receptions? Enjoy these new ideas and inspirations, but remember, whether you choose classy or casual, old world charm or whimsical, it's important to incorporate the things you love as a couple!
- Bigger is better! This year, bigger is definitely better, from luxurious place settings to statement-making floral arrangements. Brides are choosing towering table centrepieces with opulent petals, blossoms, candles and feathers for real wow factor.
- Casting a glow. Candles are always a popular choice for centrepieces, as they lend a romantic feel to any room. Choices include pillars, tea lights, tapers and floaters. Since some facilities do not allow candles, alternatives include faux tea light candles, battery operated LED lights and fiber optic lights.
- Wedding graffiti. New to Australia, personalised 'wedding graffiti' is very thin pieces of matte vinyl that look printed when applied to most smooth surfaces. It's so easy, even a nervous groom can apply it! Graffiti can adorn doorways, walls or even dance floors - perfect for personalising your wedding venue.
- Sample stations are popping up everywhere, delighting even the most fussy wedding guests! Wine and cheese stations, champagne bars, lolly buffets or ice cream carts are all the rage.
- Vintage style. Everything old is new again! From wedding dresses to place settings, old world charm is the order of the day. Create a ‘one of a kind' feel for your event combining mismatched crockery, jugs and candles with plenty of vintage-style blossoms to fill tables. Visit an antiques fair, your local flea market or (with permission!) your grandma's cupboards to pick up plenty of vases and trinkets to add personality to your reception.
- Guests choose the first song. Many couples are setting up wedding websites or blogs in the lead up to their big day, helping them update friends and family on planning progress, gain feedback on style and decorating choices and have a bit of fun! Some couples are even posting wedding polls to ask their guests for their favourite song choice, cake flavour or menu selection.
- Eco-chic receptions. As the world goes green, many eco-chic couples are choosing green weddings. Everything from recycled stationery and native flowers to organic fabrics and fair trade wedding attire, not to mention free range menus and environmentally friendly favors are on offer. Some couples are also skipping the tradition honeymoon for the chance to volunteer in a third world community.
- Backyard bliss. While weddings are romantic, debt isn't. Many couples are choosing to wed in their parents' own backyards, saving themselves on costs and headaches. A homespun wedding reception venue still requires a caterer, marquee and decorations, but it certainly saves the pennies and provides a truly unique and personalised wedding experience.
- Photo Booths. Add a wedding photo booth to your wedding reception and let guests have really fun photos of themselves and the bride and groom to treasure. Try a personalised wedding photo booth banner or backdrop, set up your photographer and take some really fun and memorable photos to keep from your wedding reception.
- Honeycomb Decorations. We love the retro feel of honeycomb wedding bells, honeycomb hearts and other fun rice paper honeycomb decorations. Seen in all the glamorous magazines, these retro decorations make a nostalgic addition to your wedding reception.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.