Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Wedding Invitation Trends
Choosing your wedding invitations can be both a delightful and a difficult task. Whether you're hosting a casual seaside wedding, a sophisticated black tie affair, or something in between, your wedding invitations set the tone for your big day.
While traditional options are still popular, stationery trends often echo the haute couture fashion of the world's leading designers and you'll find your stationer stocks colours and designs fresh from the catwalks. So, what are the latest wedding stationery trends?
- Be bold. While invitations are still available in traditional colours - white, ivory and ecru - many brides are opting for bright and bold colours instead. Think tropical pinks and citrus yellows, alongside deep blood reds and sophisticated black and white motifs.
- Think theme. Invitations that match the colour scheme of the wedding are extremely popular. Other themes include the wedding's location or the season of the year.
- Black and white is back. Black and white is the ultimate wedding theme trend right now, with the juxtaposition of light and dark, old world charm and contemporary chic offering endless sophisticated styles. Black and white can be used in so many different ways - formal white with just a splash of black satin, black flocking, jaunty pin stripes, pretty polka dots or old-style Hollywood glamour. See the Florenzia wedding theme which includes black and white bomboniere, garters, jewellery, black lace parasols, Alannah Rose stationery and fabulous table centrepieces to create a theme which channels Elizabeth Taylor in the 1950s on holiday in Florence.
- Personalise it! High quality photographs and personalised designs are increasingly popular.
- Be inventive. Card-style invitations, tri-folds and specialised presentations (rather than single panel invitations) are increasingly popular. Many include photographs, embellishments like ribbons and bows, scroll invitations and all-in-one pocket-fold cards.
- Stand out from the crowd! Consider non-traditional fonts that make an invitation stand out. Brides are opting for printed calligraphy, artistic fonts and even custom fonts.
- Go eco-chic. Many couples are choosing unique, natural and recycled paper stocks to create a special texture and feel, while preserving the environment at the same time.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.