Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Wedding Dress Shopping
For successful wedding gown shopping, you need to be focused and have a plan of attack. Here are our top tips for stress-free wedding gown shopping:
- Understand the terminology. If you understand the difference between a Sweetheart and a Sabrina neckline, you’ll feel less intimidated when dealing with salespeople, and you’ll be able to quickly convey your wedding gown vision.
- Take along some inspiration. Bring along pictures and fabric swatches. Scour the internet and bridal magazines and cut out the pictures that appeal to you. Visit fabric shops and ask for some swatches of your favourite fabrics. Then scale down your selections to a handful of designs.
- Don’t buy on first try. Don’t be tempted to buy a dress the first time you go wedding dress shopping. Regardless of how much you love it or how much of a bargain it is, you need a second fitting to be absolutely certain it’s The One!
- Forget the entourage. Take just one trusted friend with you. A chorus of different opinions will only become confusing.
- Wear appropriate underwear and footwear. Make sure you choose underwear appropriate for an evening gown - strapless bra, knickers, pantihose, foundation garments – basically, underwear similar to those you will be wearing under your gown on your big day. And don’t forget to take high heel shoes if you'll be wearing them on your big day!
- Try before you buy. Try on a number of different style gowns before you make your choice. Often the gown you think will suit you looks very different off the rack and on your body!
- Look your best. While you don’t need to go to the beautician beforehand, it’s worth taking a little time with your appearance before you hit the shops. Make sure your hair is styled and you are wearing a little makeup – when you start trying on gowns you’ll feel more like a princess than a pauper!
- Take notes. Take along a notebook and make notes of your first impressions. Most salons prohibit the use of cameras, but at least you can record your thoughts as you try on different gowns.
- Trust your instincts. You will know the gown is absolutely right for you the moment you put it on. You’ll feel like a bride and you’ll no doubt have some tears in your eyes!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.