Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Unique Wedding Table Number Ideas
Table numbers are a must have for wedding table decorations as they help guests find where they are sitting and make sure you don't have confusion at your reception. But, how do you create table numbers that are pretty and suit your wedding decorations, theme and style perfectly without looking drab and boring? Here are some unique ideas for creating stylish wedding table numbers at your wedding reception.
1. Don’t use numbers, use locations, books or other items that have meaning for you! Name your tables after places you have visited, streets you have lived on or musicians you love. We love this example from Jesse Leake Photography where the couple took the idea even further and took polaroids of themselves holding street names. Fun!
2. Use timber cut-out numbers in place of card and paint them the colour of your wedding theme. These pretty table numbers below blend in perfectly with the theme of the wedding. Images from Elisabeth Millay with Jonathan Young via Brooklyn Bride.
3. Create vintage style table numbers by using pretty frames, lacey paper and glitter pens. This gorgeous idea can also be easily created on your computer and printed at home for a fun look without breaking the bank. We love the baroque frames at Pink Frosting’s wedding shop which would work perfectly for these table number creations. Image Bridal Cookie.
4. Use miniature chalk boards to create a rustic table number – perfect for garden and beach weddings. Miniature chalk boards can be purchased online at Pink Frosting’s wedding shop for delivery world-wide. Photo Credit: Meg Runion.
5. Coordinate your table numbers with your wedding stationery such as place cards, invitations, thank you cards and more. These fun baroque paper frames on an easel match the Pink Frosting Love Bird Damask stationery range - gorgeous huh? They will be available from March 2011.
6. Make your table numbers your table centrepieces – yep, all in one! These personalised vase decals (which come with the vase) include the table numbers in your wedding colours, so simply sit in the middle of your reception tables and fill with gorgeous flowers. You’ve achieved the perfect two for one wedding decoration!
6. Create table number luminaria to add atmosphere and light to your wedding reception tables. Take a standard luminaria and create the perfect table decoration by following the easy tutorial at Intimate Weddings. Voila – perfection and a fun crafting activity for you and your girls!
Now, if you haven’t found a fabulous idea for making your table numbers extra special and unique, here are some more ideas:
Create table numbers out of beads or wire and wind ivy or flowers around them for a rustic look;
Custom create your table numbers with miniature pots planted with your favourite flowers with a big flag with a table number in the centre;
Cover your favourite books or photo albums with your table numbers, so once guests have found their table they can enjoy browsing through the books which have meaning for the bride and groom;
If you’re hosting a Las Vegas style wedding, use playing cards as your table numbers – simply stick a round sticker with the table number in the centre, or you could name each table after your cards – Ace of Spades = table one etc;
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.