Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
10 Stylish Wedding Place Card Ideas
A place card with your guest's name is a must-have wedding decoration for your reception. Far more options exist than the traditional tent place card with the guest's name written on it, and you can make the place card more exciting and decorative than this! Get creative and stylish with these 10 unique ideas for chic wedding place cards.
- An elegant photo frame can double as a place card holder and a wedding favour for your guests. There are so many styles of miniature photo frame favours to choose from at Pink Frosting's online wedding shop including beachy styles, crystal covered frames, black and white boroque frames, pearl frames or contemporary silver and gold frames. These pretty frames just need the place card placed in them with a little note on the table letting guests know they can take these home as their wedding favours to enjoy. A practical and very stylish solution for your tables.
- Wrap your napkin with a paper wrap which has the guest name calligraphed on it. This pretty solution allows you to create your own place cards without breaking the bank. Roll your napkin into a sausage shape and then wrap your name napkin wrap around it, securing with double sided tape. You can choose a paper that matches your wedding stationery for a cohesive look.
- Consider a themed wedding place card holder. For a garden wedding, you can choose a pretty miniature birdcage place card holder, or for a beach wedding you could choose an adirondack chair. There are so many themed wedding place card holders to choose from that your place cards will become an important decorative element to your table settings.
- Make paper fans tied with a tag your place cards for an elegant outdoor wedding. Choose a plain or coloured paper hand fan and tie on a place card at every setting for a very pretty beach, garden or vineyard wedding table decoration that also doubles as a practical wedding favour.
- Coasters make a lovely place setting decoration as well as place card holder. There are beautiful options for photo coasters that also double as place cards available for your wedding decorations. Choose a themed photo coaster favour and instead of inserting a photo, place in a pretty printed place card so your guests know where to sit and have a lovely favour to take home with them after the wedding.
- Plant your wedding place cards! No this isn't as crazy as it sounds! You can create a unique and elegant garden themed place card for your guests with a miniature vase or potted plant which holds the place card at the front. Use a miniature clip or peg to hold the card in place and you have a double duty decoration and wedding favour in one.
- Doily place cards make vintage style decorations. This simple place card makes a pretty addition to a vintage style table. Take a small paper doily and write in the centre of it the guest's name. Tie a pretty ribbon to the top and you have a simple but chic vintage style place card to decorate your tables.
- Make a tent place card more exciting. Tent place cards certainly have their place - they work well and are budget conscious wedding decorations. Make a simple tent place card more elegant by adding a decorative element that suits your wedding day. Wrap a ribbon around the card and add a dried flower to the front of the card for a pretty garden themed decoration. Glue on a miniature starfish or seashell for a beach themed place card. Add a sprig of rosemary for a natural themed place card. Glue on a pressed autumn leaf for a place card that matches a Fall wedding theme.
- Your place card can double as a menu card. Ask your venue or stationer if they can create a menu card that includes your guest's name on it. This very elegant idea suits formal wedding celebrations and makes your table settings very sophisticated.
- Place cards can be edible! Consider a personalised wedding chocolate or a customised wedding lollipop as the perfect decoration for your tables as well as yummy bomboniere for guests to enjoy at your reception.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.