Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Peter Rabbit Party Ideas
Happy Birthday Peter Rabbit!!!!! Celebrate the 110th anniversary of the tale of Peter Rabbit at your own child’s party this year with the classic Beatrix Potter range from pinkfrosting!
Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter. They lived with their Mother in a sand-bank, underneath the root of a very big fir-tree……...
We have all grown up with the wonderful characters that Beatrix Potter created and it is so nice that the longevity of Peter Rabbit and his friends can be enjoyed from generation to generation.
My first memory of Peter Rabbit and his friends was when my sister got a plaster cast set one Christmas. It contained rubber moulds of Peter, Jemima Puddle Duck, Mrs Tiggy-winkle and Jeremy Fisher. I remember helping her pour plaster into the moulds and waiting anxiously for them to dry, then painting them and displaying them proudly on the shelf when they were finished. From then on, Peter and Mrs Tiggy-winkle were firm favourites throughout our childhood. Actually, it continued through my teens as, when I was 19, after visiting the Lake District one year and Beatrix Potter’s cottage “Hill top” with my Auntie, I ended up the proud owner of a Jeremy Fisher soft toy! Beatrix spent childhood holidays in the Lake District (in England) and lived there when she became a published author. The beauty of the scenery and wildlife gave her inspiration for her characters.
So let’s use her inspirational characters to create the best Peter Rabbit party in town!
- Get the children to dress as characters from the Beatrix Potter stories or when they come to the party paint their faces to represent Peter, Jemima, Mrs Tiggy-winkle, Tom Kitten, Mrs Tittlemouse, and others like Squirrel Nutkin!
- Small petting farm - create a little fenced area in the garden rabbits, kittens, mice and perhaps ducks . Borrow some rabbits, kittens, mice (in cages) and ducks from friends who have them or even ask the RSPCA to set up a petting farm for you. This way the children will get to pet and feed the animals and you can perhaps help to find them new homes!!
After decorating the table with a stunning Peter Rabbit Party Table Centrepiece
- Make Carrot cupcakes frosted in cream cheese icing and serve them in Blue Spot Cupcake Baking Cups.
- Serve colourfully iced rabbit and duck shaped cookies
- Make Chocolate hedgehog cakes - cut out round lamingtons or use chocolate marshmallow snowballs and decorate with icing using a Dessert Decorator Plus Frosting Kit from pinkfrosting.
Games, activities and keepsakes
- Decorate your child’s party room by letting the guests help stick Peter Rabbit Party Wall Stickers like a frieze on the wall.
- Use the stickers to play “pin the tail on Peter Rabbit!”
- Secret diary – when Beatrix was 15 she began to keep a secret journal. Give the kids diaries as keepsakes. Let them write an entry at the party telling of their experience and encourage them to make daily entries when they go home.
- For children who are a little older (perhaps age 8 onwards) you can show the “Miss Potter” movie staring Renee Zellweger. This will give them a wonderful insight into Beatrix and her characters. The movie has her animated characters come to life and it is a beautiful story of Beatrix’s life and how Peter Rabbit and his friends were born.
- Screen the “Peter Rabbit movie” for younger children
- As Beatrix was a great artist and drew all her own characters, have a drawing competition – get the children to draw a character from the Beatrix Potter range and give prizes for the best one. You could use the blackboard out of the Peter Rabbit Party Wall Stickers pack for this.
Ideas for prizes could include:
- Baby Animals Personalised Favour Jelly Beans
- Baby Animals Personalised Lollipop Favours
- Mini piggy banks
- Blue Mini Classic Gumball Dispenser Favours
- Give each child their own Mini Flower Pot and get them to plant carrot and lettuce seeds at the party. They can then take it home and watch Peter Rabbit’s favourite food grow!
- Get the children to make their own Peter Rabbits to take home. Use pom poms for the body, head and tail, foam shapes for ears and finish with, stick–on-eyes. Get them to take their rabbit home in Peter Rabbit Party Bags
Just as Peter Rabbit was put to bed with a cup of camomile tea, so must the party come to an end. pinkfrosting Australia’s #1 party shop and Beatrix has helped make the magic of Peter Rabbit and his friends come alive once more and your children will remember this celebration for many years to come.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.