Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Keeping Your Wedding Cool at a Summer Wedding
Summer weddings in Australia mean sun, sand, surf and blue sky. They also sometimes mean 40-degree heat. To prevent your guests from sweltering in the summer sun, here's some tips from Ms Polkadot from Polkadot Bride guaranteed to keep wedding cool!
- Fill containers with ice and decorate water or soft drink bottles with personalised labels to keep your guests hydrated during the ceremony and festivities. If you don't want to DIY, Pink Frosting will do them for you.
- Provide pretty parasols for guests, decorate with tags and flowers and place bunched in baskets at your ceremony and reception entrance for a festive feel and to block out the harsh sunlight.
- Hire a slushee machine (and top it up with a bit of alcohol for a frozen cocktail if you're so inclined!) for a bit of childlike fun and pure cold bliss.
- For sore, hot feet group thongs (flip flops) tied together in pairs in a basket for guests to slip on. Perfect for walking over sand or grooving on the dance floor! (Try Pink Frosting's flip flops thongs which can even be personalised!)
- Make your ceremony programs in a fan shape, or provide pretty paper fans for guests to use during the ceremony.
- Serve mini ice creams at midnight as a snack for those night owls! Or set up an ice cream bar with different flavours and toppings for guests to choose from.
- Set up seating areas for guests using beach umbrellas or nooks and crannies in the garden or beach (preferably in the shade). It allows guests some time to cool off and relax - ready to party again!
- Bring back the 70s with some classic seafood on ice! A welcome, cool and deliciously decadent treat!
- Embrace the beautiful fruit of summer and serve ice cold watermelon, cherries, mango slices, nectarines and more!
- Have a sunset wedding! Pass the heat of the day and say your vows to the romantic (and cool) backdrop of the sun setting. Think of having your time-consuming couple shots before the ceremony and bask in the golden light.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.