Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Ideas for Using Frangipanis in Weddings
Apart from the hibiscus, there’s perhaps no other flower that says beach wedding than gorgeous fragrant frangipanis. Frangipanis or plumeria as they are also known are blooming everywhere along our beaches at the moment. One of our iconic beach flowers, they make the perfect beach wedding decoration or flower motif for Australian weddings.
Here are our top tips for using frangipanis to theme your Australian beach wedding:
- Bunch them closely. Frangipanis in tight formation are simply chic. Look at our gorgeous frangipani bouquet above – chic and gorgeous!
- If you choose yellow frangipanis, your best colour choices for ribbons, accents, glassware, napery and decor is buttercup yellow, ivory, crisp white, black or sand.
- Frangipanis work beautifully with massive blossoms such as fully blown roses, hibiscus or lillies. We’re not fans of frangipanis and other waxy flowers such as orchids, but they can look lovely together if you use a master florist.
- Generally, frangipanis don’t need foliage to complement them. Think of the flower in its natural state – the flowers are clustered and the branches are fairly sparse. Take your cue from the flower in its natural environment and don’t use leaves as part of your table decorations, aisle decorations or bouquets.
- Frangipani leis are so easy to create. It’s a fun way to spend your night before the wedding with your best girls – simply use fishing line and a large needle to thread frangipani blooms. A beautiful favour for your guests.
- Incorporate frangipanis into your wedding ceremony with large garlands of frangipani flowers laced together like a long leis. Such a versatile idea – you can then loosely hang them between your chairs down your aisle or decorate a garden trelise with them behind the bride and groom. Also, give your flowergirl frangipani flowers to toss when she walks down the aisle.
- Create a heart using frangipani flowers for the bride and groom to stand in when they marry. This simple but beautiful idea works a treat on the beach or on grass in a garden wedding.
- For table decorations, choose faux frangipani flowers and either scatter your frangipanis loosely around the table, lay one on each table setting for a contemporary chic look, or use miniature beach buckets filled with starfish, sand and frangipanis (see the beautiful beach buckets by Pink Frosting above – we also used Swarovski crystal encrusted starfish to complement the yellow frangipanis).
- You can incorporate frangipanis in your wedding theme in many ways. Here are some other ideas:
- Your wedding invitations – frangipanis on the beach or in a heart make a glamorous stationery idea. Some gorgeous styles from Dream Day Wedding Invitations and Alannah Rose make a real statement;
- Your wedding accessories – use frangipani flowers in your bridesmaid’s hair and in your groomsmen’s buttonholes;
- Your parasols – choose a plain wedding parasol and glue on frangipanis around the centre and border to create a unique wedding day accessory for photographs
- Your wedding bombonieres and favours – choose a favour with a frangipani motif such as personalised candy jars (yummy filled with yellow jelly beans), flip flop candles with a frangipani toe; or a photo frame with a frangipani flower attached to the swing tag – gorgeous!
Image credits: Frangipani wedding cake, photo by Nicole Pearce. Frangipani bouquet and aisle decoration images from Lindsay Van Roy Photography for Brett and Erin’s wedding. Frangipani beach aisle by Aloha Island Weddings at Simply Chic Wedding Ideas. Frangipani link ring by Stasita New Zealand. All stationery by Alannah Rose at Pink Frosting’s beach wedding shop. All beach collection wedding accessories and decorations at Pink Frosting’s beach online wedding shop.
Here are some beautiful ways to use frangipanis on your wedding day:
There are so many ways to use these gorgeous flowers in your beach wedding. I’d love to see your photos if you have some to share!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.