Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Ideas for Kids Parties on a Budget
So, you want to throw your child the party of their dreams, but you're on a tight budget? Don't despair! You can create a magical event on even the smallest budget. All you need is imagination, planning and a little bit of hard work!
- Watch your guest list. Your guest list will dictate how large your party gets. Put a lot of thought into how many people you want at the party - kids and adults included - and don't suddenly let the guest list blow out because you feel pressure to have extra people.
- Hold the party at your own house. If you host your own party at home, then you'll save on the cost of paying for a venue.
- Forget hired entertainment. There are plenty of budget ways to entertain the kids during the party without having to hire entertainers. You could set up an arty party with cheap art and craft supplies from the local $2 shop or you could dress up your teenage cousin as a fairy to paint the kids faces, or try some old fashioned games like bobbing for apples.
- Don't overdo the favours and decorations. Theming is fun, but it can become very expensive if you let it be. Be creative! Design your own favors and ask your kids to help assemble them. A lovely favor idea is a take-home cupcake or a cookie which the kids decorated themselves at the party.
- Cook your own food and bake your own cake. This will take some time, but it will save you a fortune in catering costs. There really are no excuses not to bake your own cake with the help of The Australian Women's Weekly Kids' Party Cake Book which should be in every home in Australia!
- Make your own invitations and thank you notes. People appreciate the personal touch of a handcrafted invitation or thank you note. And it's another way to get the kids creatively involved in the party preparations.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.