Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Ideas for Getting Married Later in Life
Getting married later in life needn't mean you miss out on all the wedding fabulousness of those much younger than you. No matter if this is your first, second or even third wedding, you can still have a beautiful wedding day fit for a princess. Here are our best tips for getting married later in life.
- You know yourself really well - so don't simply follow traditions for traditions-sake. If you want to have your ceremony performed non-traditionally or wear an outfit that you really adore, then go ahead. Your wedding day is your day afterall.
- Choose a wedding dress or suit that you feel comfortable and attractive in. Don't be led by youthful wedding fashion. Be inspired by attractive mature brides such as Camilla Parker-Bowles and think stunning fitted suit with a gorgeous head piece.
- Don't feel you need to wear white on your wedding day. If you love colour, then feel free to introduce it through your clothing and accessories. Beautiful alternatives to white include creams, blue, pink, mauves and champagne.
- If you do decide to have a more traditional wedding gown, consider a shorter version and one that isn't as "poofey" as a youthful wedding dress. A slinky cocktail dress for someone in great shape is a winner for a more mature wedding gown option.
- Remember that your make up needs to be luminous and natural. Don't make the mistake of having untried or dramatic make up for your wedding day. Usually, less is more for mature skins, so follow this principle with your wedding day makeup as well.
- For your hair, have your hairdresser style your hair in the usual way you love, but a little more dramatic. So if you normally have a sharp bob, as your hairdresser to sweep one side behind your ear or add a sweet hairpiece on the side crown.
- Keep in mind that a second wedding may include children from both sides. Try and involve them and make them feel part of the wedding ceremony and celebration with a sand ceremony featuring all of your family. The end result will be a more inclusive feeling from the wedding ceremony.
- You will probably want a less formal wedding reception than your young counterparts, although you can certainly go all out! We have been involved in lots of second and mature weddings where our brides have included all the trappings of a first time wedding.
- Think about hosting the wedding at home in your beautiful garden or in a restaurant that has particular meaning for you. Your guest list is likely to be shorter than a couple in their 20s, so you can spend a little more on wonderful food and wine in a venue that you adore.
Don't forget that shopping online for your wedding decorations and wedding favours, as well as getting ideas for your wedding theme and planning are all easily accessed now on the internet. Trusted websites like Australia's number one online wedding shop, Pink Frosting, offer great service and fast delivery for your unique wedding products, and also offer you thousands of articles to inspire your choices for your wedding fashion, decorations, stationery, theme and more.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.