Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Ice Cream Sandwiches are just one of those delicious foods that offer such a celebratory feeling. Perfect for a Summer's day pool party, Australia Day at the beach, kids birthday parties and even using decadently selected ice cream, a perfect dinner party surprise. Here's the basic recipe for you, which you can elaborate and change to create a unique dessert for your guests. Our recipe will make enough for 8 sandwiches.
- 16 high quality cookies - we love cafe like cookies in flavours like fig, chocolate chip or macadamia nut. Look for these in your supermarket or delicatessan, or make them yourself by using our basic cookie recipe and adapting to the flavours of your choice. The only rule is to make sure the biscuits are solid, not crumbly like a shortbread base.
- 8 scoops of high quality icecream.
- Sprinkles for the sides if you desire.
- Place one cookie with the flat side facing up to you.
- Take a scoop of icecream and gently place on the cookie. Working quickly, place the other cookie on the opposite side of the icecream with the flat side down. Sandwich together and take a knife to smooth the edges and remove any icecream from the sides.
- Roll the sides of icecream in sprinkles if desired.
- Freeze until ready to serve. Once removed from the freezer, serve immediately.
There are so many delicious cookies and ice creams on the market that you will be able to create a masterpiece for your guests. Some flavour combinations you might like to try include:
- Dinner Parties and Adult Parties - fig or date cookies with rich vanilla icecream; macadamia cookies with caramel icecream, double chocolate cookies with dark chocolate icecream.
- Kids Parties - smarties cookies with chocolate icecream (shown below), wafer cookies with rainbow icecream and hundreds and thousands as sprinkles, marshmallow topped biscuits filled with strawberry icecream.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.