Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Hunter Valley Wedding Locations
The Hunter Valley, located about two hours north of Sydney in New South Wales, is brimming with incredible Australian wineries and beautiful scenery which makes this a classic Australian destination wedding location. The Mediterranean climate, historical churches, rustic cottages, picture perfect vineyards and five star hospitality guarantees wedding couples a country style culture with city chic.
Hunter Valley wedding venue options
Robert’s Restaurant: “Robert’s Restaurant and chapel located at Pokolbin is the definition of chic,” says Lee Cass of Lenore K wedding planning. Robert’s is a romantic wooden cottage surrounded by lush grounds, its chefs indulge in seasonal diversity to offer five star gastronomic creations for their wedding packages – but you’ll need to book early to avoid disappointment.
Tamburlaine Winery: A progressive and innovative leader in the Hunter is privately owned Tamburlaine Winery, also located in Pokolbin. Australian Certified Organic, Tamburlaine offers premium organic wines with their Lodge wedding packages and the surrounding grounds making it an ideal photographic backdrop to capture memories of the special day.
Wyndham Estate: In a different direction near Branxton, Wyndham Estate is nestled on top of a hill and is the grand daddy in winery history with Dalwood House and vineyards originating in 1830. With a long gravel road winding its way through the vineyards, you reach your destination to find a ranch style building overlooking a low-slung valley. With interior of high ceilings, exposed wooden beams and spaciousness, the atmosphere is natural and welcoming.
Saint Patrick’s at Nulkaba: “If you want to be married in a church by a celebrant, Saint Patrick’s at Nulkaba is the perfect destination. 15 minutes drive from Pokolbin, Saint Patrick’s is a non denominational church from yesteryear with stained glass windows, wooden pews and immaculate gardens,” Lee says. Expect to book well in advance.
Tower Lodge: For extravagance stay at Tower Lodge, the passion of the late winemaker Len Evans OBE OA. Surrounded by antiques and opulence enjoy the exclusivity. With their catchphrase … “A place dedicated to the enjoyment of the finer things in life!” you know your time will be special.
Tips for a destination wedding in the Hunter Valley
- Hire a wedding planner. Working from a different location to your wedding can be a challenge. A wedding planner will know the venue options and vendors and help to make the day run so smoothly.
- Plan a series of events. Embrace the local culture and stay for a couple of days visiting historical village, Morpeth or, have a picnic on the banks of the Hunter River. Make the most of your time away with the people you love – consider a few days of events, with a wine tasting day, men’s golf day, a post wedding brunch or a cocktail evening.
- Arrange a wine tasting. If you are having a weekend vineyard wedding, arrange for a wine tasting for your wedding guests a day before the wedding. And consider having a bus chartered to escort guests to and from the winery. That way drinking and driving won’t be an issue.
- Consider a wine-themed wedding. Try a wine pairing feast and offer wine-bottle favours, such as Pink Frosting’s top hat wine pourer and bottle stopper.
“The Hunter Valley is an all season Australian wedding destination, where the locals are friendly, the wine is world renowned and the ambience is peaceful and romantic. Horse drawn carriages, five star accommodation or B & Bs… Getting married in the Hunter is the perfect dream,” Lee says. Just look at the stunning image by James Day on this page for proof of how beautiful this location is!
Winery Wedding Favours, Decorations and Accessories
Red or white, day or night, your wine themed reception will be even more elegant with Pink Frosting's adorable wine wedding bomboniere favours. Bottle stoppers, and wine glass coasters – we have every wine wedding favour you can dream up! This impressive collection of wine themed wedding favours will suit a wine themed wedding reception, a bridal shower or a gorgeous sunset wedding held at a boutique Australian vineyard.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.