Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How to Host an Awesome 21st Birthday Party
21st birthday parties are unique. Although you've been "legal" for a few years, they are the milestone most of us look forward to the most as we grow up and it is still seen as the official start of adulthood. We have been involved in organising and decorating many gorgeous 21st birthday parties over time, and there is one golden rule we recommend you stick to if you want to have a brilliant 21st:
Host two parties. Have one for your family and one for your friends. There is nothing worse than hiring a big hall or having a birthday party at home with two distinct sets of guests. The music is playing and noone is dancing and the two sets of guests sit in two seperate areas with neither having much fun. So, have a dinner party or a dinner with your family in a restaurant to celebrate with them in civilised style. Then, on another night, host a fabulous bash with your friends by hiring out a private room in a club, or a swanky restaurant. You will absolutely thank us for this advice!
Here are some great ideas for theming, planning and decorating that all important 21st birthday party:
- Try hiring out a private room in a nightclub or lounge for your friends. The club or lounge will usually let you theme the room to your taste, or the venue may already be themed. You then get to choose the catering options and a cocktail list as part of the celebrations. Your friends can relax together in a fun environment with great music and you don't need to worry about things like play lists, bathroom facilities etc. Do make sure you have a plan for getting home safely for everyone on your guest list.
- Host a fancy dress party. Some great ideas for fancy dress for a 21st birthday include:
- Roaring 20s - theme the party around the 1920s with gangsters or the Great Gatsby.
- Alphabet Party - themed around the first letter of your name.
- Your year of birth - ask guests to dress as something representing the year you were born. There's always some great news items, fashion ideas, music or cultural references to dress up as.
- Superhero - ask your guests to dress up as the superhero they want to be, or with the superpowers they would like to have!
- Think about an adventure party - something a little different to what you've done in the past. Hire a boat, go on a party cruise, have a wine tasting party! Think outside the square and you will come up with some creative ideas.
- You could host the party at home and hire a karaoke machine to really amp up the fun. Follow our planning tips for hosting a successful party at home and you won't have any trouble with security or the party getting out of control!
- If you're not a big bash type, then celebrate in another way with your nearest and dearest. Why not go away for the weekend with a few good friends to the beach or to a spa or winery. A pampering weekend is an indulgent and lovely way to celebrate a milestone birthday.
No matter what 21st birthday party theme you choose, you'll find some really gorgeous and unique 21st birthday party decorations and party supplies at Pink Frosting's birthday party supplies shop to bring your theme to life.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.