Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How to Find Great Kids Party Entertainers
Hiring an entertainer for a kids birthday party can be a pretty scary task. You need to keep in mind budget and the quality of the entertainer as well as the theme of the event. Entertainers are a great way to add heaps of fun and excitement to a kids birthday party but they can also be a nightmare - we have all heard stories from other parents about the entertainer who simply wasn't funny or entertaining, kids pulling down the clown's pants, and the tired old magician whose tricks simply aren't magical any more. So, how do you choose a great kids birthday party entertainer? Here's our tricks (that do have magic powers!):
- Seek recommendations. The best way to find any great party supplier is through the recommendation of people you know and trust. If someone who hosts really great kids parties recommends a jumping castle supplier or magician to you, you know you're in with a great chance of success.
- Try and use an agency. If the character or entertainer you use is from a reputable agency, you will avoid the issue of the entertainer calling in sick the day of the event. The agency will organise a replacement for you, and will deal with any issues you might have on the day such as weather, tardiness or performance problems. Having a middle man will cost more but often saves you lots of hassle in the end.
- Check reviews. Party directories such as Kidspot.com.au have party directories that allow you to check reviews from other Mum's on their advertisers. This is particularly handy if you want to use a unique or new entertainer that noone you know has used before.
- Once you have chosen the entertainer you want, hold an interview with them. This doesn't need to be formal unless your party is quite substantial, but it is a good idea to talk with them about what they offer. Here are some questions to ask:
- What does the show entail? How long will it last and what will be provided e.g. just a magic show for 20 minutes, or also games for the kids and prizes as well?
- Will they stay for the whole party or just for their show? If they will stay, what will they do to assist? Will they have breaks and when? Do they expect to be given catering if they are staying for a long period of time.
- How many entertainers will come? Is it just the main performer or will there by helpers? If there are no helpers, what does the entertainer expect you to do to assist?
- Will they provide party bags or is this something you need to do?
- What sort of space do they need to set up and when will they set up and pack down? Ideally you don't want them doing this in the middle of the party.
So, what happens if the entertainer really is a disaster and the kids aren't engaged at all? The only option is to tactfully end the performance and move the kids on to another activity.
If you find a wonderful kids party entertainer, tell everyone you can about them. Really great party entertainers are worth their weight in gold at parties and make your life much easier - do them and all the other Mum's a favour and pass the word around about the good ones!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.