Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Host a Family Friendly New Years Eve Party
Many of us with children face the question of what to do with our kids on New Years Eve every year. Many babysitters aren't available on this night and many of us simply want to spend the night with our familu. You can ring in the new year with kids in tow! Let us show you how!
1. Make it a dress up party. Kids love dressing up and it adds to the fun games that can be played during the evening – best dressed competitions and charades are our favourite standards.
2. Let the kids decorate their own space – give them plenty of balloons, streamers, party hats, blow horns, craft supplies and confetti to use. Turn up the music and give them an hour or two to get creative!
3. Let the kids create their own New Year Party Hats, noise makers (drink bottles with dyed rice and confetti works really well and looks great) and t-shirts. You’ll only need one adult to supervise, so the rest of the party can enjoy a few cocktails while the kids get crafting!
4. Let the kids create a movie or wall mural with all of their memories of the previous year. The kids can act out the movie, narrate with pictures or download video from the internet. Play the movie to the adults and give each guest a copy to take home on CD. Easy to do and heaps of fun.
5. If older kids will be there, explain what New Year Resolutions are all about, and have them write their own resolutions that they can take home with them.
6. Let the kids watch the New Years celebrations from around the world on the news channels with plenty of popcorn and fun drinks in plastic champagne glasses. This will teach the kids about geography and time, as well as get them fired up with plenty of colourful fireworks to watch.
7. If all else fails, set up a movie theatre in your home with plenty of comfy chairs and bean-bags, yummy treats like flavoured popcorn and 2011 frosted cupcakes and let the kids watch some fun movies.
8. Make sure you have beds made up for any kids that don’t make it through until midnight. Let the kids sleep peacefully away from the noise in a warm space with clean sheets, so the rest of the party can continue without disturbing them.
Pink Frosting has some fantastic themed party ideas for New Years and other holidays you might also enjoy when planning your celebrations.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.