Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Homemade Party Sausage Rolls Recipe
Party sausage rolls are a favourite at children's and adult parties. Instead of rushing out to your supermarket freezer to buy them ready made, try making them yourself for a much lovelier flavour (and you know exactly what ingredients have been used to prepare them too!). Here's our best party sausage roll recipe for you to try at your next party.
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 kilo of pork or chicken sausages (if you want more flavour for your sausage rolls, grab some flavoured sausages like Italian Herbed Pork
1/2 onion, chopped finely
1 egg beaten
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, place your breadcrumbs and milk together without mixing too much and let the breadcrumbs absorb the bread.
- Remove the meat from the sausage casings and mix together with the breadcrumb and milk mixture, onion and egg. You might find it easier to use a food processor for this step. Process or mix until everything is combined well, and then cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about half an hour.
- Thaw your puff pastry and cut the sheets into half. Place the meat mixture in a line like a sausage shape about 2cm from the side of each sheet of puff pastry. Try and keep the sausage even. Once complete, take one edge of the pastry and wrap it over the sausage gently pressing it along the side. Repeat with the other three sheets of pastry to create four large sausages. Brush the outside of the pastry with an extra egg beaten.
- Cut the sausage rolls into smaller portions (we usually get 6-7 small sausage rolls per large roll, but cut to your taste) and place evenly on a greased and lined baking tray in a hot oven 180 degrees c. Before you bake, add a fork prick or a small slit to the top of each of the sausage rolls to prevent them splitting.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Serve on a large white platter with dipping tomato sauce and napkins.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.