Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Green Baby Shower Party Ideas
Preserve our planet and create a healthy world for healthy babies by holding a green baby shower. Eco-conscious mums-to-be will love Pink Frosting’s ideas for a simple but eco-friendly baby shower.
Let your guests know that you want to celebrate green living with invitations made from plantable seeded paper or recycled paper. Use colours and images that explain your green theme - earthy tones such as green, white and brown will work a treat. Or you might like to save paper completely and send electronic invitations.
Pick an eco-friendly location like your garden, the beach, or an organic restaurant. Dress your tables with natural fibres like bamboo, cotton and linen. Hang a few large brown, green or white reusable paper ball lanterns for a festive flavour.
Keep the natural theme by using simple biodegradable materials such as flowers, plants, glass, water, bamboo and candles (try our beautiful water candles, which create the illusion of invisible floating candles).
Fill crystal bowls with seasonal fruit and flowers. Continue the green theme with limes and crisp apples in crystal vases. Use lots of potted plants as decorations – your guests can take them home as a reminder of the special day.
Ask your guests to bring earth-friendly baby gifts, wrapped in recycled paper or organic baby wraps. Alternatively, suggest your guests contribute towards one big ticket item that you need, rather than buying individual gifts.
Healthy, nutritious food is a must! Visit your local farmers’ market for locally grown organic food. Serve fresh green salads, yummy seasonal fruit salads and delicious organic juice smoothies. And don't forget to use real plates and cloth napkins instead of disposables (and ask your guests to help with the washing-up!)
Why not hold a second-hand swap? Ask your guests bring along special belongings that are no longer used, like children’s books or baby clothes, to pass on from one family to another. Alternatively, set up a craft table and let guests make ornaments from recyclable objects. Or, ask each guest to bring along a baby photo of themselves, and see who can match the most baby photos to their grown-up version.
Send your guests home with a special reminder of your green baby shower. Give green gifts like organic handmade bamboo, candles, or body care products:
- Put packets of seeds into cute little organic green woven boxes, to plant in the new baby’s honour.
- Present each guest with a grass green paper paddle fan which they can re-use to keep cool over summer.
- Try Two peas in a pod candles - whimsical pale green candles symbolising the sweetness that a little one brings.
- Give natural bamboo coasters – bamboo is a symbol of luck and success because of its strength, resilience and ability to grow quickly. It is said that bamboo is luckiest when you receive it as a gift.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.