Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Gold Coast Wedding Locations
The gorgeous Gold Coast is one of Australia’s loveliest destinations for a destination wedding or any celebration. With some of the world’s best coastlines and beaches, rainforest hinterland, leading golfing resorts, sailing clubs, and one of the world’s only six star resorts, this is a location offering varied options for creating a wonderful wedding day.
Gold Coast wedding venue options
Kristy Marek, the couture wedding stylist behind Imbue Weddings, says there are a range of spectacular wedding destinations in this little corner of Queensland. “We’re blessed with stunning coastline, a vibrant city as well as an oasis of sub-tropical calm in the hinterland,” Kristy says.
Burleigh Headlands: One of Kristy’s favourite wedding venues on the Gold Coast is Burleigh Headlands. “There is a great bit of parkland which borders the beach with a stunning view of the ocean,” she says. In Queensland, Council regulations for a beach wedding are quite restrictive. For beach weddings, there is a maximum limit on chairs and guests - 10 chairs and 50 guests in total. For parks, the chair limit is 20 and there is no maximum number for guests. Burleigh Headlands gets around this by having a bit of parkland right on the beach so it’s perfect for couples wanting a beach wedding with more guests, Kristy explains.
Hillstone St Lucia: For couples wanting a city venue, Kristy recommends Hillstone St Lucia. “I love their ballroom which has white French doors that open onto a wide verandah overlooking the gardens. It’s a gorgeous venue.”
Mt Tamborine: Mt Tamborine is a quaint little village sitting on top of a plateau mountain. On the main street there are restaurants, tea houses and antique stores with stunning views of the hinterland. There’s also many little boutique wineries at the base and on the top of the mountain. “Avalon Gardens is a lovely little wedding venue providing perfectly manicured gardens for outdoor cocktail style weddings,” Kristy suggests.
Tips for a destination wedding on the Gold Coast
- Consider the climate. Check the average temperature for the time of year you plan to come in. Choose a lighter wedding gown if you are planning to have your wedding during the warmer months and a reception venue with air conditioning is ideal for those from cooler climates. Also buy some skin care products suited to a tropical climate, as the humidity tends to be quite a shock for some people and you don’t want to break out before the day.
- Take care with your flowers. Flowers in Queensland tend to be slightly more expensive than in other states, so if you stick to tropical blooms rather than cottage style flowers you’ll save money and they won’t wilt as quickly.
- Hire a professional wedding planner. Someone who knows the area will save you hours of research and frustration, and will help you to make the perfect choices for your big day.
- Slip, slop, slap! Don’t sun-bake before your wedding, or you may find yourself with unattractive tan lines or a peeling nose on your big day! And if it’s going to be a scorcher, consider handing out personalised sunscreen as favors to your guests.
- Think about your feet. Barefoot on the beach is great - just not in the summer. Remember, it can be quite hot on your feet – and that heels can be difficult on the beach. If you really want to wear heels on your wedding day, perhaps take along some flats or flip flops for when you are on the beach and change in to heels later.
- Help your guests with travel arrangements. Consider booking transport from the airport to the accommodation for your guests or include an information pack on the area with your invitations.
- Theme it up. Pink Frosting has a large range of beach wedding decorations and beach wedding favours to choose from to allow you to match your wedding theme to your beach destination.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.