Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Decorating with Rice Paper Lanterns
Looking for wedding decorations that are cheap and charming? Here's a secret Chinese party planners have known for centuries: rice paper lanterns pack an enormous decorating punch! Picture a garden wedding with pink and gold lanterns strung through the trees like jewels. Or imagine a marquee that makes a striking statement with clusters of bold, red ball lanterns.
Whether you're decorating a dinner table or a dance floor, the rice paper lantern will dazzle and delight your wedding guests. Rice paper lanterns come in so many sizes, colours and styles, and all are great value for money, starting from as low as $1.00 each at Australia's leading online wedding shop, Pink Frosting. Big ball lanterns start from as low as $6 a piece, so they won't break the bank, even if you purchase them in bulk. And the best part? Paper lanterns can be packed down, stored and re-used for your next big shindig.Here are some tips for using paper lanterns at your wedding or event:
- Choose from simple red or gold lanterns for a classic look or select ornate lanterns in a kaleidoscope of colours fit for an emperor.
- Group masses of ball lanterns in one bright colour together for maximum impact.
- Cluster paper lanterns in various tones of the same soft colour for an elegant and stylish look.
- Create a warm and intimate dinner table setting using low nested lanterns (they work well on both long reception tables and round tables).
- Personalise your lanterns by using a craft accents. Try embellishing your paper lanterns with butterflies, birds, dragons, dragonflies, paper daisies or love hearts. Or tie your lanterns with personalised ribbon.
- For a truly Chinese wedding theme, hang Chinese lanterns adorned with symbols for luck and happiness and provide fortune cookies as wedding favours.
- Use paper lanterns as a stunning decoration on your wedding aisle. Hung with a contrasting coloured ribbon and tied to your seats, lanterns will make a gorgeous change from frilly pom poms!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.