Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Choosing the Right White For Your Wedding Dress
Wedding dresses come in so many different shades of white, and some will look better on you than others. Here’s what you need to consider:
- Diamond white or natural white: is a soft white, found only in natural fabrics such as silk, cotton and linen. This tone of white works well with fairer brides.
- Stark white or blue white: Blonde and fair skinned brides should steer well clear of these colours, as this is the most unflattering shade of white if you are pale. However, stark white can look fabulous on dark-skinned brides.
- Champagne or oyster white: This is an off-white with pink undertones and is flattering for brides with olive or darker complexions.
- Latte: This white is slightly darker than champagne and oyster shades, and is perfect for well-tanned or darker skinned brides.
- Ivory or eggshell: This white has golden or yellow undertones and complements the complexions of fairer brides.
- Other colours: Many brides are taking their cues from high fashion and adding another colour to their wedding dresses (such as a black ribbon as an accent against an ivory dress). Other brides choose not to wear white at all, with many wedding dress designers stocking wedding dresses in shocking pink, sky blue or ruby red.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.