Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Caramel Popcorn Clusters Party Treat
Caramel popcorn is a delicious party treat for kids (and adults alike) and is actually much easier to make than you might think. Leave the supermarket popcorn behind and taste a treat unlike you've ever had before with our sweet and buttery home-made version. Perfect for giving as a party favour, little treat for guests or as a party food at your next shindig.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2/3 cup of popping corn - unpopped
250g butter, chopped and softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup golden syrup
- Prepare two baking trays with baking paper.
- Pop the popcorn - heat the oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Drop in the popcorn and shut the lid tightly. The corn will start popping. Gently shake the pan every 20 seconds or so without removing the pan from the heat until the popping stops. Once stopped, remove the lid and place into a large bowl to cool. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Make the caramel - in a medium saucepan, place the chopped butter, brown sugar and golden syrup on a high heat. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and coat well.
- Transfer the mix to the baking trays and place in a cool area to set.
- Once set, break into little chunks and serve. Can be stored in an airtight container for several days but best prepared a day or so before the party.
Pink Frosting sells a fun range of lolly bags and popcorn containers for you to serve your popcorn in to guests. For airtight solutions, try the cellophane party bags from Pink Frosting's online party shop and seal with a coordinating ribbon and personalised favour tag.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.