Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Byron Bay Wedding Locations
Spectacular Byron Bay is a favourite wedding destination for couples. With a subtropical climate, heritage rainforests and arguably the world’s best beaches, a wedding in Byron Bay is sure to be special.
Byron Bay wedding venue options
Hayley Newport from Divinity wedding planners says that nothing beats Byron Bay for a natural setting, white sandy beaches, stylish reception and relaxed atmosphere.
“Byron still has that great coastal village feel, but it’s eclectic and quietly cosmopolitan,” Hayley says. “We’re spoilt for choice in terms of world class musicians, photographers and chefs, all of whom want to offer something a bit different, something people will remember – whether it’s a laser light show, fire dancers or log drummers.”
Watego’s Beach: One of Hayley’s favourite destinations for a beach ceremony is the grassed area at Watego’s Beach. For a small intimate wedding, Beaumont’s on the Beach is the perfect spot for a small marquee and an intimate ceremony. For those on a bigger budget, wedding Hayley recommends Watego’s House as the ultimate in luxury and privacy. Nestled below the historic lighthouse, Rae’s is a romantic Moroccan influenced mansion with extravagant suites and penthouses, ocean views and a five star experience.
Byron Hinterland: the hinterland provides unexpected surprises for a wedding party, with romantic and rambling venues, spectacular views and tropical retreats. Deux Belettes is an enchanting setting for a romantic wedding. Surrounded by farms and tropical fruit plantations, yet close to the beach, this 16th century style French Chateau is a whimsical place to exchange your vows. Coorabella House is set on 100 acres of rainforest and lush green valleys with giant fig trees, open spaces, big skies and somewhere different to take your destination wedding.
Tips for a destination wedding in Byron Bay
- Plan ahead. Accommodation can be hard to find in Byron Bay, especially during school holidays. Book your venue well in advance, and remind your guests to book get in early to ensure they can stay at the place of their choice.
- Check tide times. If you’re having a beach wedding or beach photos, make sure you check tide times (your wedding coordinator should be able to assist in this) and try to time your wedding around high tide.
- Arrive early. Arrive at least two days prior to your wedding so that you have time to reconfirm everything and, most importantly, relax, before the big day. “Byron Bay is the perfect place to unwind with family and friends before your wedding, with great spa facilities, health and wellbeing and beauty services in and around Byron Bay to help you prepare for the big day,” Hayley says.
- Create your own wedding website. This is a great one-stop-shop to help guests with travel information, accommodation specials and discounts on activities. You can provide advice on planning your trip, and easily arrange group activities to ensure your wedding party and guests make the most of their time in Byron Bay.
- Plan a series of events. Make the most of your time away with the people you love – consider a few days of events, including a ladies’ spa day, men’s golf day, a post wedding brunch or a cocktail evening.
- Slip, slop, slap! Don’t sun-bake before your wedding, or you may find yourself with unattractive tan lines or a peeling nose on your big day! And if it’s going to be a scorcher, consider handing out personalised sunscreen as favours to your guests.
- Think about your feet. Barefoot on the beach is great - just not in the summer. Remember, it can be quite hot on your feet – and that heels can be difficult on the beach. If you really want to wear heels on your wedding day, perhaps take along some flats or flip flops for when you are on the beach and change in to heels later.
- Take the advice of local wedding professionals. Byron Bay’s tropical climate means it has unique requirements. Work with your wedding planner to choose flowers and decorations that work with your surroundings – and listen to their advice about wedding venue options.
Beautiful Beach Wedding Decorations, Accessories, Favours and More...
One of the most beautiful weddings we have attended in recent times was one based on a lemon yellow, white and green theme. Instead of the quintessential tropical theme you would expect of a beach wedding, the couple took inspiration from the bitter-sweetness of citrus, dappled lemon-tree light and the crispest green apples. Take your beach wedding inspiration from the shore, the ocean, an island or other tropical oasis. But at all times, keep the ocean breeze in mind. The beach wedding theme is perfect for the Australian climate and location. Whether you are celebrating your beach wedding in your home town, or as a destination wedding somewhere more exotic, Pink Frosting's online beach wedding shop has everything you could possibly need to accessorise and decorate your beach wedding. From beach wedding stationery to beach wedding bomboniere to decorative shells and beach wedding themed guest books and pens, we have your beach wedding covered from start to finish!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.