Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Bridal Showers or Kitchen Teas on a Budget
Hosting a bridal shower needn’t be expensive. Of course you can go all out, but you can also create a fun bridal shower on a budget. Just spend wisely. Here’s how:
- Watch your guest list. Put a lot of thought into how many people you want at the shower and don’t suddenly let the guest list blow out because you feel pressure to have extra people. Remember, a shower should be an intimate affair where the bride and the closest women in her life come together to gossip and discuss wedding plans.
- Hold the party at your own house. If you host your own party at home, then you’ll save on the cost of paying for a venue.
- Make your own invitations. With all the amazing materials and incredible stationery designs on the market, there are options to suit every party budget, including just a few dollars per invitation for do-it-yourself craft supplies. And with so many outrageous and fabulous papers available, you can choose something that reflects the bride and her style.
- Don’t overdo the decorations. Theming is fun, but it can become very expensive if you let it be. Be creative! The humble balloon, for instance, can add real wow factor your room. Simply choose giant bulbous balloons (at least 60cm) in your festive colours and fill them helium. Cheap, beautiful and fun! Another cheap and chic idea is a room filled with paper lanterns. Big ball lanterns start from as low as $6 a piece, so they won’t break the bank, even if you purchase them in bulk.
- Time of day makes a difference. Choose an afternoon or morning tea, rather than a lunch or dinner. Your guests won’t be expecting a full meal, and instead will be delighted with finger food, cakes and a cup of tea! Alternatively, ask your guests to each bring a plate of food to share. Let them know your theme on the invitation and ask them to provide a dish that complements that theme.
- Buy in bulk. If you are making your own favors or stationery, purchasing all your items from the same supplier can save you a fortune.
- Games won’t cost a cent. Most bridal shower games are easy to set up without costing you a cent. And, with a bit of planning, they’ll be the highlight of the day!
- Design your own favors. Fill boxes or bags with sweet treats for a cheap but charming favor. Try filling gorgeous enchanted carriage boxes or personalised monogrammed jars with candy from your local supermarket. Your guests will be amazed and delighted!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.