Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Bridal Shower Food and Drinks
Entertaining at home is one of the most fulfilling roles you can play - and also the most scary if you don't know what you're doing. Serving food and drinks, on top of planning a bridal shower, decorating the space and making sure you have the right people coming along, is enough to make any host sweat. Here's our guide to creating the perfect bridal shower food and drinks so you can rest easy and enjoy playing host for the bride to be.
As with all the advice we give about bridal showers and kitchen teas, the first consideration you need to make is the guest of honour - the bride to be. What type of personality does the bride to be have? How many people are attending the shower? What theme have you decided on? Before you go ahead and make any decisions about the food and drinks, read our practical Ten Tips for Planning the Perfect Bridal Shower.
Here's our Top Tips for Perfect Bridal Shower Food:
- Choose food and drink that suits the theme. If you have a bride who loves summer and the beach, then you are probably considering a beach themed shower and would want to serve seafood and beach themed food and drinks for your guests. If your bride loves intimate gatherings and you're hosting a high tea in the afternoon, then small morsels of yummy treats are perfect with gorgeous specialty teas served for guests to sip.
- Choose food and drink that suit the guests and setting. If you know you're hosting young guests or guests with dietary requirements, then you'll need to be very careful about what you serve to make sure that all guests can eat all dishes. If you don't, you'll spend the entire party telling guests which food they can eat and which they can't. This is a headache you simply don't need. On top this, also consider the setting of the shower. If you're hosting an outdoor BBQ or cocktail party, you will want finger food which is entirely different to a five course indulgent dinner party menu you might serve for a dinner shower.
- Try not to cook or prepare food during the party or you will miss out on mingling with the guests. Be prepared and have everything cooked and ready to serve before the guests arrive and you will most definitely enjoy the party more.
- Presentation, presentation, presentation. Present your food beautifully and it will always taste better. This doesn't mean go over the top - it simply means keep the dishes clean and simple and garnished. Sandwiches look best on stacked cake trays or long white serving plates. Cakes look best on beautiful cake dishes and stands.
- Space out the food. It would be easier to place all the food in one area, but it is more practical and better for the guests to spread the food out around the space so that no matter where guests are mingling, they have access to some nibbles as they talk. Set out little bowls of nibbles so that guests don't feel they have to stop the conversation to fill their plate with food.
- Don't forget the accessories. Help guests enjoy their food more by ensuring you have plenty of party napkins, toothpicks and party plates ready for guests to grab and use at their leisure. You don't want guests to have to chase around for a napkin to wipe their fingers after they have indulged in some beautiful finger food.
And, now you have the food sorted out, here are our Top Tips for Perfect Bridal Shower Drinks:
- It is perfectly acceptable to limit the options. Don't worry that you have to provide dozens of options for the bar. You don't. At a cocktail party or afternoon gathering, you can certainly limit the options to a full strength beer, a light beer, a white wine and maybe one hard liquor if you feel it is needed or a specialty drink like a themed cocktail.
- Don't feel you need to mix the drinks yourself. The easiest option for entertaining is to provide a bar for guests that includes plenty of ice, garnishes like lemons, chilled wines and beers, as well as your specialty hard liquor like Pimms or Vodka along with pitchers of juices like cranberry juice, soda, tonic and lemonade.
- Remember those that don't drink alcohol. Give those drivers and non-drinkers plenty of lovely options to drink such as juices, sodas and mixers with beautiful garnishes and ice.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.