Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Ideas for Cooling Down at Summer & Beach Weddings
Summer time is the time for the beach wedding – romantic as the couple exchange their vows with the sea as their backdrop and the sand between their toes. If you are planning on having a beach wedding and one that will have family and friends attending you need to think of factors such as:
Your wedding will be outdoors and as such you need to think about the time of day your ceremony is being held. Summer here in Australia can reach up to 40+ degrees (and that’s in the shade!) so what are you going to have in place to ensure that everyone there remains cool and comfortable throughout the ceremony? Ideally being able to set up marques for your guests would be the best – large shaded areas for your guests and the bridal party to stand under. Depending on where you are getting married you may have to obtain a permit to set the marque/s up. If you can have a marque or two, decorate it with paper ball lanterns. If is is a ceremony on dusk, string up fairy lights to sparkle as the sun sinks beneath the sea and the stars come out. You could also place some tiki torches around the tents too. For an aisle runner use bright coloured beach towels.
If the marque is not an option:
*Set up a stand filled with umbrellas/parasols for the guests to take before taking their seat for the ceremony.
*Do hand-held fans and his and her beach hats – big floppy straw hats for the girls and funky sombreros for the guys. For the girls hats, tie a ribbon around it in the colours of your wedding – this can also double up as the wedding favour!
* Have a helper to walk around and hand out small bottles of sunscreen – some guests may not remember or think to slip, slop, slap before going to the wedding and they will appreciate it.
* Once again, tubs of ice with little face cloths chilled for people to use to help cool them down by wiping/dabbing at face or placing them on the back of their neck. Use face washers in the colours of your wedding.
* Water misters – little spritz bottles for the guests to “spray” cool water on themselves.
* And of course, on your invitations make sure the wedding attire is suitable for the conditions, so for the summer beach wedding – light, comfortable clothing and shoes. Women can wear light shawls or blouses to cover their arms. Men can wear linen trousers. Things like that…
If you are able to, combine all these ideas (water, hat, umbrella, flip flops, sun screen, hand held fans, spritzers and parasol) into cute beach bags and have them lined up for the guests to take before the ceremony is to start – have someone on hand to ensure that all the guests get their beach bags. Why not add a beach ball for the ladies and Frisbees for the guys? That way, after the ceremony, whilst you are off with the bridal party having your photos taken, your guests can make the most of being on the beach by playing with beach balls and Frisbees until the time for the reception? See if the location will allow for drinks (alcoholic) to be served and use that as the “cocktail” hour before the reception starts by setting up eskies filled with chilled drinks for the guests to help themselves to.
To make sure that your guests (and yourself) keep cool, calm and collected at your beach wedding, Australia’s #1 Wedding and Party Shop has all the products you need to make your beach wedding summer-time awesome.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.