Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Creating Fun Balloon Table Centrepieces & Decorations
I love balloons. They are cost-effective and fun decorations that brighten up any room and these days you can find a balloon to suit any occasion. For my kids birthday parties I organise to have an inflated balloon for each child that is attending and secure them to the balloon weights and at the end of the party I then hand the balloons out to the party guests as they leave. The only trouble I have had is chasing the dad’s away from them (helium balloons are like catnip for dads – they just got to try the chipmunk voice).
But there is more to just tying up balloons to balloon weights when it comes to decorating your venue. Get creative with it and try some of these ideas:
- Balloon bouquets – inflate balloons and clip them to balloon stems. In a vase (something cool like the mosaic vase) place a piece of florist foam in the base and then arrange the balloon stems creating a bubbling bouquet of balloons.
- Pick balloon weights to suit your theme and then using varying lengths of ribbon/twine/crystal strands tie the balloons to the weights. For fun use fishing line (clear nylon) so it looks like the balloons are free floating above the tables.
- In a large round vase, inflate the balloons to no bigger than tennis ball size and then place them inside the vase.
- Tall, glass vases, secure/weight down crystal strands with glue/ blue tak. Place a layer of crystal scatters over the base to cover. Attach the loose ends to the helium-filled balloons. Fill the vases up half-way with water and place a single floating tea light candle. Set the vases on bevelled edged mirrors and place extra tea lights around for that extra “glow”.
- Once again, with the cylindrical vase, similar idea but instead secure the balloons to clear nylon line and fill the vases up with swirls of coloured sand/crystal scatters or water beads.
- Use different shape balloons – round, oval, star, and heart…mix it up.
- Take the medium or small pails and make “hot air balloons” – use twine to secure the helium filled balloon to the pail. Inside the pail fill it with treats like lollipops for the guests to enjoy – to make sure the pail does not take off during your party, weight it down with a small balloon weight!
- For something super cool you will need to call on the help of a balloon artist. Have them make up balloon animals and place one on each table. Or have them make up balloon flowers and set them in a funky bright coloured vase.
Just remember, if you are going to have candles, make sure that the flame is not close to the balloons. Be prepared for some guests to take advantage of the helium, most guys just can’t help themselves! And of course there will be a popped balloon or two throughout the event, which could also add to the excitement of the party (ohhh when will the next balloon go off?) When using helium to inflate the balloons secure them so you won’t have balloons bobbing on the ceiling or if it is outdoors, floating off to uncharted territory. At the end of your party, if you have enough balloons to give to your guests or select a few who can take their balloons home with them – even better if there are kids at the event – I have not met a kid who does not like balloons!
So why not consider decorating your next party with balloons? Australia’s #1 Party Shop love all things fun and have a great range of balloons available – colours, sizes and prints and like I said before, balloons are a great cost-effective way of decorating your party!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.