Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How To Keep Under Budget On Your Wedding
Your wedding day is meant to be a magical experience to share with friends and family, but at what cost does this come at? With wedding season fast approaching Australian brides as knuckling down to figure out where they can save some money but still have the wedding of their dreams. Pink Frosting’s Wedding Shop has some great options for a DIY wedding that will minimize your costs but still have the unique feel of a wedding planner’s creations. What to remember when planning your own wedding is to get creative!
The other thing to remember when planning a wedding is it’s your wedding– you can spend as much or as little as you want. The idea is to create a magical and memorable event to share with your friends and family. DIY is all the rage these days. Not only does it save money but it also gives you the self-satisfaction of creating a memorable occasion that is the start of a happy marriage.
The first thing to consider when planning your wedding is your theme. What vision do you and your partner want to create? Remember to be true to your style; don’t try creating something that doesn’t suit you and your partner’s personalities, life and future.
Here are some simple suggestions that can help you save time, money and stress!
1) Start by setting a budget – yes that’s right you actually have to set a budget to be able to stay within it. Decide what your most important items are and allocate a little extra money to those, by setting aside a little bit extra for those one off items this will allow you to see what other areas you have room to move with.
2) Invitations are the first things people associate with your wedding, but it’s not the only things guest will remember! DIY wedding invitations are becoming more popular for modern day weddings. Not only will this save you money but it allows you to design, get creative or pick something that’s unique for you. The Pink Frosting Wedding Shop has an exceptional range of wedding invitation and DIY kits for creating your own.
3) Have a chat to a florist to get bouquet inspirations, ideas and advice on what’s in season for the time of year your wedding is going to be; then go check out your local flower market and have a look at what they offer. If you have a creative friend you trust, you can purchase the flowers for half the price and assemble them yourself. You can also include non-floral decorations like lanterns to save some money and hang them around the venue for a magical feel.
4) Make some small changes here and there to save cost. Instead of cutting your guest list, make some small adjustments, like why not opt for a bar that just stocks the house package (beer, wine and a signature cocktail). Most venues normally charge per bottle opened so by limiting your bar to a house package you will cut down cost of unused liquor bottles.
5) Simplify your menu. Reduce the number of courses, focus on serving three fabulous meals, specialised to the season and region where your wedding is. Stick to simple hearty food that everyone loves. Don’t forget to discuss the cost of service and tipping!
6) Wedding bands are generally more expensive; try out a DJ or if you still want the wedding band feeling opt for a small band to cut down on costs. Everyone loves to dance at a wedding. Whether it’s your crazy Uncle busting a move with your maid of honour or your father daughter dance, it’s the people creating the moments from the music, no matter where it’s played from.
7) Brides like to shower their guest with gifts, but you don’t have to break the budget to show your appreciation to your friends and family. Bomboniere and party favours can be simple. Think fun, memorable and not too fancy (if that’s your style). You can also double up your parting gifts to guests as thank your cards to save on costs.
Try imagining the type of wedding you would like your guest to experience, than sit down and work out your budget. If you want to spend more on a honeymoon or buying a house, opt for a more intimate backyard wedding with just close friends and family. You can still have your one of a kind wedding that you will always remember without the post martial bankruptcy. Pink Frosting’s Wedding Shop allows you to be creative, unique and cost effective.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.