Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Wedding Dress Lengths
When it comes to choosing the perfect wedding dress for you, you don't need to be bound by the tradition of a really long ball gown length for your bridal dress. You need to take into account your body shape, the silhouette of your wedding dress, the venue for your wedding ceremony (you don't want a train if you're being married somewhere that your gown drapes over dirt!), and of course your wedding theme. We recommend that you try on the main dress lengths to see what suits you best when you are considering the bridal gown length for your wedding dress. Here are the main lengths of dress to try:
- Ballerina: This length works best with full skirts and just skims the tops of a bride’s ankles.
- Full length (or floor length): This length shouldn’t go all the way to the floor, but instead ensure the back hem is short enough to dance in. The toes of your shoes should just peep out.
- High-low: With this style, the skirt is cut shorter at the front (often to the midcalf) and falls to the floor at the back.
- Mini: This length skims the knee. A really bold bride may go even shorter!
- Street length: The hemline covers the knees.
- Tea length: Ends at the lower calf or right above the ankles.
Once you know what dress length you want to choose, you need to consider silhouettes, necklines, sleeve lengths and fabrics as well.
For ideas and inspiration, Brides.com has an amazing image gallery of the latest bridal gown designs to inspire you. Go on, have a look and start dreaming!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.