Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Unique Ideas for Wedding Flower Girl Baskets & Alternatives
Flower Girls are such a special part of your wedding day. They bring sweetness and youth to your wedding ceremony and can participate in many parts of your wedding ceremony and reception, as well as rehearsals, bridal showers and so much more. Probably the most important part your flower girl will play in your wedding day is the wedding ceremony processional, where the flower girls carry a beautiful basket filled with petals and lead the bridal party down the aisle.
Flower Girl Baskets can add to and complement your wedding accessories. From simple white satin baskets to wicker covered with real flowers, bamboo designs for a more modern wedding and even a special basket from home, the traditional flower girl basket can come in many shapes, forms and sizes! Here are some fun ideas for a unique flower girl basket for your wedding day.
Custom Coloured Flower Girl Baskets
The perfect complement to your other wedding accessories such as guest books, ring pillows and signing pens are custom coloured flower girl baskets which match your wedding day colours perfectly. The custom coloured flower girl baskets at Pink Frosting's online wedding shop can not only be coloured to suit your wedding theme and colour scheme, they can also be printed on the ribbons with a special message such as your names and the wedding date or a saying that is meaningful to you.
Beach Themed Flower Girl Baskets
For a beach wedding ceremony, most brides would be looking for a simple design of flower girl basket to suit their sea theme. Whether it is a sea blue basket, a satin basket filled with frangipani petals, a starfish themed flower girl basket, or even a simple palm leaf carried by your flower girls, keep your beach themed flower girl baskets simple for the best effect.
Bling Flower Girl Baskets
Many brides today are opting for a fairytale wedding, filled with glamour and lots of crystals and diamonds. There are many ways to incorporate this into your wedding day accessories, including your flower girl baskets. Two styles that are very popular at Australia's number one online wedding store, Pink Frosting, are the Garbo red satin flower girl basket and the Elizabeth black satin flower girl basket, both featuring a large stylised rhinestone buckle on either sides for dramatic effect.
Customise Your Own Flower Girl Basket
To create a flower girl basket that is all your own, start with a satin based flower girl basket like this one from Pink Frosting, and attach silk or paper flowers that match your wedding theme such as sunflowers, paper roses, daisies, or dailias. If you are crafty, you could make other adornments to suit your wedding theme such as starfish, shells, paper cranes, origami paper shapes and many more beautiful ideas. All you really need is creativity and a hot glue gun! This way you have a flower girl basket completely unique to your wedding day.
The Alternatives to a Wedding Flower Girl Basket
If you decide that you'd rather not have your flower girls carry a traditional flower girl basket, you could offer some unique alternatives for your flower girl to carry down the aisle:
- Hand Fan - Many brides choose not to have a wedding bouquet, instead carrying a beautiful wedding parasol or hand fan, such as these Spanish Dancing wedding fans.
- Purse - a flower girl purse is a lovely alternative to a traditional flower girl basket. Many of the specifically designed flower girl purses feature a sweet design and can easily hold your silk flower petals for tossing down the aisle.
- A Teddy Bear - If your flower girl is very small or shy, having her carry her precious teddy bear or other special toy is a sweet way to encourage her down the aisle on your wedding day and will no doubt make your guests all sigh in delight.
- A Photograph - have your flower girl carry a framed photograph of the bride and groom or someone very special to the family such as a grandmother on her wedding day. This very symbolic gesture will become a lovely memory from your wedding day.
- A Bow or Handcrafted Flower - have your flower girl carry a large bow or a hand crafted flower down the aisle.
Whatever you decide that your flower girl will carry down the aisle, the selection of flower girl baskets are extraordinary and you are sure to find the perfect detail for your wedding ceremony and to suit the personalities of your flower girls.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.