Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Tomato and Blue Cheese Mini Tarts Party Recipe
Often we're looking for a party appetiser or canape that is simple to make but gives the illusion of grander cooking capabilities! These little mini tarts with sharp and tangy blue cheese topped with sweet bit sizes tomatoes are the perfect standard for your party menus. Break this one out for cocktail parties, showers, and even Christmas - the look is perfectly festive!
1 container of ripe red Cherry tomatoes
2 thawed puff pastry sheets or 12 ready to fill miniature tart cases
1 round (150g) blue cheese
Fresh basil to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees c.
- Grease a 12 muffin pan with melted butter. If you are using pre-prepared tarts then you can skip this step and simply place the tarts into the muffin pan for later. If you are making the tart bases yourself, then cut out 7cm diameter rounds out of your pastry and line the muffin pan with the disks. Bake these in the oven for about 8 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool in the muffin pan.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place your washed and dried tomatoes onto the tray. Roast the tomatoes in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened a little. Remove and let cool.
- In a bowl, soften the blue cheese by gently squishing it with a spoon or fork.
- Place the softened blue cheese into the base of your tart cases and top each with roasted tomatoes. You can choose to place a whole tomato on each tart or cut them into halves if this is more suitable for your batch.
- Place the tarts on a crisp white serving platter and let your guests enjoy!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.