Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Roll Out the Red Carpet for an Oscars Party
Bring the best of Hollywood home as you create an amazing event for your famous friends! We’ve all got friends who look like famous Hollywood stars or movie characters and with a little bit of help from a fancy dress costume can be a very convincing Kate Winslet or Colin Firth! Formal eveningwear with a sparkle theme can be just as fun and create an elegant star-studded atmosphere to match the real Hollywood event.
To host an Oscars or Hollywood Party, start by sending out glamorous invites like my absolute favourite, the Hummer Limo Party Invitations! Decorate your party in style with golds, silvers, blacks, whites and lots of sparkles.
Once your red carpet is rolled out to your front door, place your Hollywood Star Floor Decal in the reception and hang those elegant Hollywood Stars Silver Latex Balloons! Scatter the Top Hats & Gold Stars Party Confetti over your tables and let the night begin!
Have a family member dress formally as a concierge to greet guests and announce them as they arrive!
Before the Oscars begin and you crack open the champagne, you might like to play some games together. Everyone loves a fun night and games on Oscar night are a must! Here are some ideas to whet your party appetite:
- Get your guests to play Oscar bingo; bingo cards you mark off as you watch the show throughout the evening. For example, when you see a “red dress”, when there’s a “standing ovation”, “backstage view” or “pregnant actress”!
- Predict the winners (from best actor, visual effects, costume design etc) with your own voting cards.
- Nominate teams and have an Oscar trivia quiz to test your guests knowledge!
- What better way to capture the fun of the evening’s events, by taking photos in front of a Hollywood Star Party Photobooth Backdrop! With a huge range of elegant Disposable Cameras available to give to your guests, they can take home their own fabulous memories of the evening!
No Oscar party is complete without your own fun awards and gifts! Here are my favourites:
- Announce awards for the best dressed, best actor/actress and most convincing Hollywood star!
- Award your own novelty Oscar golden statues, or perhaps some Gold Bomboniere Milk Chocolate Stars!!!
- Inexpensive yet elegant keepsakes could include:
- A Reflections Elegant Black and White Mirror Compact for the ladies.
- A Hats Off! Chrome Top Hat Wine Pourer and Bottle Stopper for the gents
- A Beautifully Beaded Gold Photo Frame
- Gold and Silver Bomboniere Confetti Almonds in Gold Organza Bomboniere Bags
If you really want to spoil your guests you could combine these gifts and put them in an exquisite black tie party bag like the bags the stars receive at their post Oscar parties!
Punch fit for a Hollywood star!
This year all the stars will be celebrating in style with some silver screen punch. This would look and taste great in Mini Martini Glasses , so why don’t you give it a try!
Moet's Silver Screen Punch
1 ½ cups pink lemonade
2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 cup vodka
1 bottle Moët & Chandon
1 pineapple, cut into rings and frozen (these are dropped in at the end and act as ice cubes
An alternate non-alcoholic punch can be made with your favourite fruit juices and a base of lemonade or sparkling apple or grape juice. Some grated ginger will give the punch a party zing!
A selection of sweet and savoury mini Hors d’oeuvres served on beautiful platters will complement the elegance of the evening. Sprinkling Edible Gold Stars on your mini cheesecakes and mini gateaux will really impress your guests!
Australia's leading party shop, Pink Frosting has fabulous Hollywood party supplies to help bring the glamour of the Oscars into your home and a sumptuous range of decorations, party favours and gifts to enhance the splendour of your night.
So without further ado, the Oscar for the best party in town goes to…………………..YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.