Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Party Invitation Ideas
Everyone gets a thrill when a party invitation arrives in the mail, especially when it's a beautiful bespoke party invitation. A unique and eye-catching invitation signals a party is in the pipeline and sets the tone of your special shindig. With a few simple words and a carefully considered design you can let your guests know whether they can expect a formal dinner party, elegant cocktail party, a casual barbecue or a fancy dress feast.
Here are some things to consider:
- Think about colour, theme and motif. Choose an invitation that reflects your personal style and party theme.
- Remember to keep it simple: even an elaborate looking invitation is a simple, yet elegant combination of materials. Add one too many colours or patterns and your concept becomes too busy.
- Your invitation should be easy to read. You may need to avoid extremely ornate script fonts, and certain paper colour-and-ink combinations. The type should be large enough to be read without squinting!
- Order more invitations than you need. When you realise you've left someone off the guest list,
it's simply a matter of addressing a spare invitation.
- Be creative. Consider non-traditional fonts that make an invitation stand out from the crowd. Think printed calligraphy, artistic fonts and even custom fonts.
- Keep it neat. If you are thinking of writing by hand, don't use a ballpoint pen. Flat-tipped pens and calligraphy pens create neater invitations in around the same amount of time.
- Go eco chic! Choose unique, natural, and recycled paper stocks to create a special texture and feel,
while preserving the environment at the same time.
- Take the time to proof read. If spelling's not your strong point, ask someone who loves nothing more than proof reading with a red pen!
- Get organised! Create a master guest list that includes who you've invited, when invitations were sent and what replies have been received.
With all the amazing materials and incredible stationery designs on the market, it's not difficult to think creatively. There are options to suit every party budget, from a few dollars per invitation for do-it-yourself craft supplies to $20 a piece for a bespoke, extravagant invitation. And with so many outrageous and fabulous papers available, you can choose something that reflects you, your style and the event you're planning.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.