Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
New Year's Eve Party Themes for Adults!
So you have decided to throw your friends the ultimate New Year’s Eve Party full of glitz and glamour, but can’t decide on a theme? You want everyone to get involved and dressed up to make the night that much more entertaining and special and you need to match the decorations, food and party games all tailored to your theme!! Don’t fear the Pink Frosting Party Shop has you covered! We have put together a list of our favourite and most exciting theme ideas to help you celebrate the New Year in style!
Here are our top picks!
- Coming in at number one for best New Year’s Eve party themes is Casino Royale! Think Bond…. James Bond. Men in black tie sipping on Martini’s (shaken not stirred of course), ladies in shimmering gowns, it’s the perfect combination for a dazzling affair on New Year’s Eve. At the Pink Frosting Party Shop there is a wide variety of casino themed decorations ready to brighten up your party! From themed party plates, cups, cutlery and napkins your house will transform into a Las Vegas party palace with all the right casino themed accessories. Don’t forget to hang up lots of fairy lights and lanterns to add to your decorations. Remember Casinos are over the top with sparkle and energy so don’t feel like you’re over doing it. Balloons are a must have for any New Year’s Eve they add to the celebration and make for great accessories around the room. You can also hire poker and black jack tables in a designated room for guests to try their luck on throughout the night. When catering for a casino theme, visualise luscious canapés on beautiful silver platers, frosted martini and champagne glasses fill with exquisite drinks… there really is no limit to what you can serve! Send your guests home at the end of the night with some themed party favours like a personalised deck of cards for them to always remember the night they got to be Bond… James Bond.
- Masquerade parties have always been a popular choice at New Year’s. The Masquerade is all about mystery, playing on the decadence of disguise, a true Masquerade party encourages guests to conceal their identities from one another. Make the most of the warm weather and host your Masquerade party outdoors, this gives great opportunity to really WOW your guests with the decorations. By suspending lanterns, fairy lights and hanging tea lights in your outdoor area will really add to your magical theme. Think rich reds, deep purples and glimmering gold’s for the rest of your decorating and table settings. Remember a Masquerade party is one of riotous fun so have some party games on hand for you and your guest. A best dressed man and woman costume contest always inspires people to go all out on their costumes. Also put some Polaroid cameras in the middle of the table so guests can capture the best party moments and be able to take home the photos straight away or even set up a photo booth with some props for guests to play around with and be able to take home some quirky memorabilia. You can fill tin pails around the house with party poppers and sparklers for the big countdown and remember… masks come off at midnight!!
- Since New Year’s Eve is all about glamour… coming in at number three is our Famous Couples Hollywood theme. This will be the night of nights not to miss. Roll out the red carpets for your guests as they strut their stuff into your Hollywood glamour party. Don’t hold back with this theme, the decorations must be over the top and full of sparkle! Balloons, lanterns, hundreds of twinkling fairy lights hanging from all different directions, the options are endless with this just think glitz and glamour. Trays of champagne for your guests and elegant foods. Party games are easy, set it out like the Oscars and hand out best dressed male, female and couple as well as worst or most ‘eccentric’ couple award. You can hire a photo booth with lots of props for guests to enjoy or set up lots of disposable cameras around the place for guests to capture all the best moments throughout the night. When it comes to the countdown and bringing in the New Year, hand out to your guest celebration bubbles and sparklers to add to your Hollywood glamour theme!
- The Australian festive season as we know is one of our best times, its summer after all! So for our next favourite theme for New Year’s Eve is a tropical beach party or pool if you don’t live near a beach. Think bright when decorating using fuchsia, aqua and yellows as your colour palate. Being a more low-key theme when it comes to catering a BBQ makes for the perfect match! For a cute party favour you can give each guest a hand fan to cool off during the hot weather and it matches the theme perfectly! Since we have gone with a BBQ for food, you’re going to need some fun, funky and colourful serving ware try the bubble acrylic range adding that little bit extra to your table settings. For drinks think fun, fruity and refreshing cocktails served in gorgeous margarita glasses and wine goblets. For your table centrepiece why not try something different and a little bit quirky and set up an inflatable buffet cooler and fill with tasty drinks and treats for guests to enjoy throughout the night Once the sun goes down its time to break out the tea light candles and fairy lights to continue your tropical party into the New Year!
- Saving the best till last for the top New Year’s Eve themes for adults this year is the Roaring Twenties!! Think old school gangster mob style party with 1920’s flapper’s ladies! Deck your party space out as a 1920s speak easy with fun Wanted signs, getaway car props and peel and stick pretend bullet holes. Serve delicious cocktails, spin the roulette wheel like Bugsy Malone, and you'll entertain everyone perfectly. Start by setting the scene with these Gangster Party Props and set up party street and bar signs around the house for the full roaring twenties effect. At the Pink Frosting Party Shop there is everything you need and more to transform your party into the roaring twenties as you and your guests rub shoulders with Gangster’s and molls, politicians and hitmen, jazz singers and Hollywood starlets!
Now don’t forget your New Year’s Eve essentials that are suited to any theme. You will need streamers, balloons, party popper, lots and lots of confetti and don’t forget the noise makers and party horns for the big countdown! There you have it our favourite themes to help you celebrate the New Year in style at the Pink Frosting Party shop!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.