Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Mini Hamburger Party Recipe
Yummy hamburgers are a fun treat for a party - especially an outdoor party featuring some water, the beach or a picnic. But traditional hamburgers are cumbersome and difficult to eat for most adults, let alone any kids you have at your party. Instead, try our fun mini hamburger recipe to give everyone a chance to enjoy this delicious party treat without the mess.
8-12 Hamburger buns (the flat white style you can buy at your bakery or supermarket) - if you can find mini hamburger buns, grab these (they are becoming more popular so more readily available from supermarkets)
500g beef mince (it's best to leave the lean mince for this recipe and try one with a little more fat)
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup tomato sauce
Olive oil to cook
8-12 cheese slices
1 bag of pre-washed and dried small lettuce leaves
3 small ripe sweet tomatoes
- Halve the hamburger buns gently slicing through to create neat halves and leave them togerher, If you have large hamburger buns, use a 4cm round cookie cutter (or a star shape if you want to please the kids) to cut the buns into smaller rounds.
- Mix the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, tomato sauce, and herbs together in a large bowl. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Make small hamburger patties by spooning about 1 large tablespoon of hamburger mixture into your wet hands and roll into little balls. With this mix you should make around 30 mini hamburger rounds.
- Place hamburger rolls onto a baking tray into the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Prepare the salad ingredients: cut the cheese slices the same size and shape as the hamburger buns, rinse and prepare the lettuce leaves and slice the tomato thinly ensuring it is roughly the same size as the buns or smaller.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees c. Once hot, toast the hamburger buns with the sliced middle side down. Add more flavour to the buns by brushing them with garlic infused olive oil before toasting, or rub the bread with a garlic clove.
- Fry the hamburgers in a non-stick frypan or the BBQ in batches. They should cook on a hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pull out the hamburger buns and top with one of the mini hamburgers and the cheese slice. Cook in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Assemble your hamburgers: Sit the hamburger on the bun base, add the lettuce leaf and tomato, top with tomato sauce or your choice of sauce to taste. Top with the other side of the bun and secure with a cocktail pick.
- Serve on a tray side by side for guests to enjoy, with plenty of napkins!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Christmas and Holidays
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.