Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
When planning a wedding, something you have to consider is the colour/s for your big day. It ties in with your theme, flows through your invitations, decorations, cake and outfits. My wedding we had gold, orange, yellow and cream. Our reason for those colours were that it worked with the dark blue of my husband’s service dress and we were getting married in winter at the beautiful Briars Inn, Bowral and the colours tied in with the location.
For this story I am looking at how you could use the colour yellow in a wedding and my first thought was a beach wedding in summer! Apparently colours are not just chosen because you like them, your choice of colours can also affect your emotions and reveal a little bit about you and your personality. Yellow is apparently great in helping you to express your creativity, to provide clarity and awareness (so when Kim Kardashian was fighting with Kris in the lead up to their wedding, she should have sat down and stared at a piece of yellow card or gone into her wardrobe and hugged her yellow Birkin – problems solved!). It is also perceived as a positive, energetic happy colour sure to liven up people and locations – so perfect to incorporate into your wedding day!
If you are a happy and creative bride and opting for the mellow yellow vibe there are so many ways you can use the colour throughout. You could incorporate the colour into your wedding dress, or your bridal party could wear yellow dresses and the bride opts for canary yellow gemstone jewellery (earrings, bracelet, necklace, tiara). Or sneak a little splash of yellow in your makeup. Include Caramello Koalas in your bonbonniere (they call him Mellow Yellow – remember that ad?) with yellow jelly beans. For yellow flowers you could look at having;
- Yellow Roses – to symbolise joy and friendship.
- Daffodil – to symbolise “You’re the only one I love”.
- Tulip – (this is my favourite) symbolising sunshine in your smile and hopelessly in love (awwww).
- Yellow Acacia – symbolises a secret love (oh la la!)
There are many more that you can choose from and there are many different meanings. I have just selected a few to give you an idea.
My favourite flower will always be the frangipani. With soft yellow and white petals and that heavenly fragrance, they are a popular choice for the beach weddings and one I would have gone for had I not been getting married in winter in the Southern Highlands!
You can go for a vibrant yellow to a soft, creamy yellow. You only have to jump online to see what other colours work with yellow hues. Yellow can work with earthy tones of olive greens, light browns and cream to vibrant blue, red, orange if you really want to make a statement! For decorations, Pink Frosting help you shop for your wedding by theme and colour and some products I would chose for a Mellow Yellow wedding would be;
- Yellow silk rose petals
- “I Do” yellow coloured flower wedding guest book, ring pillow and flower girl basket.
- Main Squeeze lemonade mix personalised favour (seriously brilliant!)
- Yellow organza bomboniere bags
- The Bride and Groom rubber ducks (too cute).
- Yellow paper ball lanterns.
- Crystalline quartz sand in yellow and so many other colours
- Customise your flower girls baskets with yellow ribbon
- Glass monogramed vases filled with yellow jelly beans with a led cube set in the bottom to give them a soft glow.
Like I mentioned before, you can keep it to yellow and white or you can mix it with its companion colours but either way, yellow is a sure fire way to put a spring in your step and a “zing” of energy later on in the Bridal Suite (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)!
Shop the whole range of yellow wedding decorations and accessories right here at Pink Frosting's wedding shop.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.