Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Melbourne and Victoria Wedding Locations
Victoria and Melbourne offer a range of spectacular destination wedding options. From the rugged coastline to the cosmopolitan city of Melbourne to the rustic Victorian ranges, this south-eastern Australian state can make your wedding dreams come true.
Victorian wedding venue options
Marisa Welcome of A Lavish Affair says there are dozens of venues, ceremony sites and special locations in Victoria perfect for a destination wedding.
City of Melbourne: Melbourne’s city centre is filled with historic buildings with old-world charm, beautiful rose gardens, chic restaurants and modern waterfront venues all in the one place. “We have created weddings of all styles, from vintage to contemporary, all over Melbourne each bringing a unique experience,” Marisa says.
Marisa says Comme is one of her favourite wedding venues for small groups, a ceremony service can be conducted at the top of the grand staircase with pre-drinks in the adjoining Onyx Room followed by dinner in the Grand Ballroom. “With old world features fused with contemporary styling and service that is second to none, Comme ticks many of our boxes.”
Daylesford and the Yarra Valley: Daylesford and the Yarra Valley are some of Marisa’s favourite destination wedding spots. “Think gorgeous sweeping hills and vines, fresh produce and fine wines. Victoria country can offer couples an exquisite ‘extended weekend’ wedding experience. We have created romantic weekend escapes in the Macedon Ranges and Yarra Valley regions for many years and have found the beautiful surrounds have added a magical essence to our couples wedding day.”
The Convent Gallery in Daylesford offers a traditional ceremony and reception location. Renown restaurant The Lakehouse and ‘quirky’ Lavandula Farm all offer endless possibilities with a little imagination. Popular for its day spas, private accommodation, cafes and restaurants, Daylesford is a wonderful place for family and friends to enjoy an extended stay.
The Yarra Valley is known for its quaint wineries, historic buildings, converted barns and contemporary resorts. Ceremonies can be conducted in chapels, gardens or even in a hot-air balloon for more daring couples. “We recently assisted a bride in creating the wedding of her dreams at Chateau Yering,” Marisa says. “The bride arrived by helicopter during pre-dinner drinks and concluded the fabulous evening with a fire-show and fireworks – she certainly gave her guests an amazing experience they will long remember.”
Tips for a destination wedding in Victoria or Melbourne
- Plan ahead. Give yourself ample time to make arrangements. If you are short on time, seek the assistance of a professional. A wedding planner who knows your destination of choice can save you hours of research and you needn’t worry about the unknown.
- Delegate tasks. Share the load with family and friends – it will make them feel involved and reduce your workload.
- Think about your guests. Provide travelling guests with as much notice as possible in order to book their flights and accommodation. Offer accommodation options relatively close to your reception location at various price points and suggest activities for your guests during their stay (such as local attractions to visit, things to do, shows to see).
- Arrive early. Arrive at least two days prior to your wedding so that you have time to reconfirm everything and, most importantly, relax, before the big day.
- Visit at least once. For a bigger wedding, at least one previsit is necessary. This means, in the name of research, you just might have to take an extra trip to your stunning wedding setting with your partner. Tough work, but nobody said planning the perfect wedding would be easy.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.