Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Making Your Party Guest List
You can never make a preliminary party guest list too early. Thinking about who you will invite and who will actually attend your party has a tremendous impact on your planning.
The vague number in your head may be very different to the reality, and seeing names on paper helps you to be sensible about who to invite to your party and who to downgrade to list B!
The difference between 100 and 130 guests may be quite considerable - depending on whether it's a barbecue in the backyard or a lavish affair in a hotel. 30 more people could mean three more tables, floral centrepieces, 30 more meals and party favours.
Only you can decide whether those people make the day more special or simply blow your budget. When compiling your guest list:
- Prioritise your guest list according to their importance to you.
- The final recipe for your guest list should comprise both realism (think budget and logistics) and graciousness and hospitality.
- You can expect 10 to 20 per cent of those you invite not to attend.
- Never make the mistake of sending invitations to people you don't want there. You may find they are the very first people to accept!
- Be consistent! If you say you won't be inviting children, don't make exceptions.
- Make a rule about partners too. If you have single friends to invite, will you invite a ‘plus one' or simply leave them as individuals? Remember, consistency is the key!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.