Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Host a Celebrity Worthy Kids Party
Once upon a time, a few cheap balloons and some paper confetti were enough to signify a celebration, but with celebrity parties now admired by everyone who reads glossy magazines, some parties have gone into overdrive with tens of thousands of dollars spent on decorations, favours and entertainment. Humble children’s birthday parties and baby showers, milestone adult birthdays and anniversaries can turn into multi-day megabashes that are hugely expensive.
Now, it’s not unusual for a party planner to be given a budget of over $10,000 for a child’s birthday party these days, and you can certainly enjoy a really spectacular celebration if you have this type of money to spend. Australia's number one party decorations shop, Pink Frosting has been involved in birthday parties, christenings and baby showers to rival any party given by Britney Spears, Elton John or Tom Cruise that have the budget of a wedding and the styling to match.
"But our favourite celebrations are ones that are heart-felt and match the budget that fits the family,” says founder of Pink Frosting, Kathryn. “I would hate to see anyone overspend on a party and then have a debt to pay.”
Kathryn has offered some great party planning tips to help you host your party like the stars but without over-spending:
- Everyone loves candy! One of the key trends of the moment is a candy bar where you buy lots of different kinds of lollies and assemble them in different containers and lay them out on a table. Give all of your guests a lolly bag and let them scoop in their favourite treats. Celebrities are using Dessert Bar specialists like Amy Atlas to create wonderful candy bars for their events, but you can get inspiration for the colours online and then create a fun candy bar yourself.
- Hold the party at home. One of the biggest expenses for any event is the venue hire, so if you hold the party at home, you’re already on your way to creating a more budget-friendly party. You also get to decorate over many days, rather than having a small space of time to get ready at a hired venue.
- Have the guests decorate their own cakes! Suri Cruise’s recent birthday party was a cupcake themed party where the kids decorated their own cupcakes. This is seriously one of the best ideas for entertaining kids at a party and you don’t even need to decorate a cake yourself! There’s no reason why this also wouldn’t work for adult celebrations like bridal showers or hens parties – give the guests a theme and ask them to decorate their own cakes in the theme. Fun!
- You don’t need to hire entertainment. These days, your iPod can do most of the work for you. With a little bit of work and the Genius tool, you can create a fun music list that suits the theme of the party and makes everyone get into the celebratory mood.
- Balloons are making a come-back! Big bulbous balloons and lanterns are the best way to create a beautiful party atmosphere and you won’t break the bank. Go overboard with hundreds of helium filled balloons (do this yourself with a hired helium canister) and hanging lanterns. You seriously won’t spend more than $100 filling the ceilings of most rooms this way. Add some paper bunting around the outside of the walls, and voila – you have a spectacular party space.
- Party favours don’t have to be expensive. They are a great idea because they are a reminder to your guests of the fun they had at the celebration. Stores like www.PinkFrosting.com.au have hundreds of options for favours under $5.00 each and include personalised lollipops, customised candy and fun practical gifts.
The most important tip, Kathryn says, is to always give your party from the heart. “A party isn’t about how much money you spent on the presents or decorations, it’s about enjoying time with the people you love the most.”
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.