Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Ideas for a Fairytale Wedding Theme
Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful princess in a grand castle. She had met her handsome prince and they were to be married in a magical fairytale wedding...
Do you want to become Cinderella and Prince Charming on your wedding day? Here are some of our favourite ideas for a fairytale wedding theme, without recreating Jordan and Peter Andre's frothy affair.
Set the scene for a fairytale themed wedding with beautiful, personalised and monogrammed wedding stationery. Letterpress stationery with a fairytale castle or carriage motif is an idea, but if you'd prefer not to take it literally, try a monogrammed romantic take on fairytale stationery. The glamorous Alannah Rose Hollywood Nights range is perfect to set the tone of the wedding with soft colours and elegant design.
So, you probably aren't holding your wedding at Disneyland or in a German fairytale castle, but you can still create a fairytale feeling in an Australian backyard or indoor venue, with simple tricks of the trade.
- Lanterns, fairy lights, flickering candles. Simple, incredibly effective and oh so pretty.
- Ribbons, petals and pretty table details. Create gorgeous fairytale table settings using personalised ribbons, scripted place card holders, scattered fresh flower petals, feathers and candles.
- Elegant aisle decorations for your ceremony and chair details for your reception don't have to be frothy. Think single blossoms and spun tulle.
- Pretty papers make wonderful decorations and accessories for all sorts of purposes. Cones in elegant papers by Cristina Re at Pink Frosting filled with rose petals make a fairytale dream send-off come to life.
Add some extra special touches, such as:
- The latest trend in weddings is Pink Frosting's Wonderful Wedding Graffiti, very thin pieces of matte vinyl that look printed when applied to most smooth surfaces. The Always and Forever or Fairytale Carriage Graffiti (shown in the top photo strip) is perfect for your contemporary fairytale theme.
- Stephanie Browne Australia's Astor Clear Crystal headband is the perfect contemporary take on the fairytale tiara.
- Personalised napkins make a statement at your wedding reception. Choose a fairytale motif and personalise your napkins with a statement about your fairytale romance. Personalised napkins complement the fairytale theme perfectly.
- Crystal embellished toasting flutes are a little detail that will make your first toast an elegant treat and a beautiful keepsake from your wedding day to remind you of your fairytale day at every toast in the future.
Catering and cocktails
Serve pitchers of fresh water with citrus, berries and ice. For your cocktails, think crystal champagne glasses filled with champagne cocktails, cranberry cosmopolitans in martini glasses and smooth as silk aged whisky for the men.
A fairytale menu is contemporary, elegant and seasonal. Tiny morsels of beautifully prepared fresh produce should be the aim of your menu planning. Speak with your caterer about what is in season and splurge on a few key ingredients that will lift your menu to wow, such as truffles, lobster or caviar, depending on the season and your taste.
Guest favours and thank yous
Say thank you to your guests and wedding party with these gorgeous fairytale wedding favour ideas. Flower girls and bridesmaids thank you gifts can be a practical part of your wedding day too. Pink Frosting's monogrammed parasols make the perfect detail for wedding photographs and are a quality keepsake forever more. Little favours for guests might include whimsical fairytale carriage favour boxes or decadent sugar-flower decorated cupcakes.
Here's to everyone living their life ‘happily ever after'!
Pink Frosting sells a gorgeous range of fairytale themed wedding accessories, cake decorations, wedding favours and more to help you bring the fairytale theme to life on your wedding day.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.