Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How to Make Wedding Dress Cookie Favours
Cookies are a yummy treat as a wedding favour and make a delicious and fun DIY wedding bomboniere. Guests love a cookie and particularly one home-made and decorated with love and affection. And wedding dress cookie favours make a great bridal shower, rehearsal dinner or wedding favour for your guests and look spectacular as well as taste divine! No guests will leave these scruptious favours on their plates!
To begin, you’ll need the 4 piece wedding cookie cutter set by Wilton at Pink Frosting. You’ll also need a steady hand, disposable decorating bags and some extra cookies to experiment on before you get the techniques perfect. Here is the Wilton how to adapted to help us Aussies:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon no-colour almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Makes: Each cookie serves 1.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees c.
2. In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add 1 cup at a time to butter mixture, mixing after each addition.
3. Do not chill dough.
4. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 30cm wide and 0.3cm thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
5. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on top rack of oven for 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
One day ahead, using royal icing, pipe tip 3 teardrop flowers on wax paper covered cake board. Let dry.
Cut, bake and cool wedding gown cookies. Outline cookie using tip 2 and full strength color flow Icing.
Thin a portion of color flow icing and flow in cookie. Let dry for 2-3 hours before further decorating.
Using full strength colour flow and tip 2, pipe waistband and ribbon. Pipe tip 1 random swirls on top of dress and tip 1 dots along bottom. Attach flower with dot of icing.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.