Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How to Create a Lolly Buffet or Candy Table
Whether you are 2 or 82 there's nothing like a lolly buffet or candy buffet to bring on that "kid in a candy store" feeling! Ask any child and they'll say that parties mean lollies, and a lavish lolly buffet is a fun way to make their sugarplum dreams come true!
So, which lollies do you choose? And how do you set it up to look full and fun? There's an art to presenting a candy buffet so that your display looks as sweet as it tastes. Here's some tips:
- Get organised: You'll need a collection of glass containers in a variety of shapes and sizes, such as bowls, jars, vases, canisters, pedestal servers (make sure the mouth of each jar is wide enough for hands or scoops). You'll also need candy scoops, small cellophane bags or mini boxes for guests to fill with candy, as well as ribbon, labels, and other embellishments to decorate the jars.
- Be generous: When deciding how many types of lollies and quantities, remember it's not just a sweet treat but also a decorative device, so more is definitely best! Jennifer Sbranti at Simply Stated recommends 8-10 types of candy (7-10 kilos each) for larger parties or weddings, and 7-10 types of candy (3-5 kilos each) for smaller parties.
- Use fillers: To get the most bang for your buck, use decorative ‘filler' items such as paper lanterns, flowers, flower petals and picture frames. You can add jars of inexpensive, coordinating cookies or cupcakes to help fill space and create an abundant lolly buffet.
- Embrace variety: Choose a selection of lollies, from hard to soft, wrapped and unwrapped, chocolate and lollipops. Alternatively, choose lollies that co-ordinate with your party colours or theme.
- Keep your climate in mind: Think about what the temperature will be like on party day - a chocolate buffet may be a disaster on a hot summer's day!
- Buy in bulk: The best way to save is to purchase all your lollies from the one store in bulk. To make it easy for yourself, bring along your containers to ensure you purchase exactly what you need and no more!
- Buy online: There are a range of excellent online candy stores, such as Pink Frosting, My Lollies, Goody Goody Gumdrops, My Favourite Lollies and Wallies Lollies. If you do decide to order online give yourself plenty of time to receive and check your order and, if necessary, stock up on extra lollies.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.