Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
How to Apply Wedding Decals
Many brides and grooms adore the personalised wedding dance floor decals and wedding car decals at Pink Frosting’s wedding shop and who would blame them! They’re the perfect way to personalise your wedding decorations with your names, wedding colour scheme, theme and style. You choose the design, colours and theme and tell us what text you want printed on them, and they arrive on your doorstep, ready to use at your wedding venue.
We wanted to make the process even easier by showing you how these personalised wedding decals work. So, here is a video showing you how to apply and remove them without any fuss at all!
And, if you’re still stuck, here are the instructions for you to print for your big day!
- First, select a central location on the dance floor. Smooth surfaces work the best; so, try and find a spot free of major grouts and cracks.
- After youve located your desired spot, be sure to clean it thoroughly.
- Next, secure the decal with masking tape running directly down the center, splitting the entire graphic into two equal halves.
- After that, peel back 6 of lining (from either side), cut away and discard to expose adhesive.
- By starting in the center and working your way outward, use a back and forth squeegee motion to gently smooth out the adhesive. Feel free to use water to moisten surface. This can make it easier to smooth out air bubbles.
- Next, remove the center masking tape while holding the graphic up in the air at an angle. Then, peel liner away carefully. Do NOT let it touch the surface until youre ready to start smoothing it out.
- Then, as one person smoothes out the graphic again, working in a squeegee motion from the center outward the other person needs to keep the end loosely off the floor, until it has been completely adhered to the surface. Be sure to use slow, overlapping strokes to avoid wrinkles.
a.If you make mistakes while applying, dont worry. Simply, lift the graphic without stretching it in small sections and reapply. (Misting water on the surface helps with this.)
b.If you find small air bubbles after the graphic is applied, there is no need to stress. You can gently push them out with your fingers or use a small needle to poke the graphic and push the air out.
- Once graphic is completely down, firmly smooth over the edges to make certain its in place and wont lift up from tampering, scuffing or DANCIN! You want your guests to have fun on the dance floor without having to worry about your hard work coming undone.
- Then, when the party is over, youll find clean up is a breeze gently lift the edge of the decal and slowly pull away from the surface to prevent tearing. Feel free to discard or take home!
Our gorgeous wedding decals are made by Cathy’s Concepts, one of America’s leading wedding companies and PinkFrosting is proud to carry the Cathy’s Concepts range exclusively in Australia and New Zealand.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.