Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Gorgeous Wedding and Party Luminaria - How to Work with Candle Bags
Candle bags, luminaria, luminaries… are such a beautiful decoration for any outdoor evening event, from weddings to barbeques and garden soirees. We use them all the time for creating an instant border along a garden path leading to a party venue, down outdoor wedding aisles at sunset, up staircases leading into a wedding reception, and around swimming pools for swanky barbeques.
There are some gorgeous styles available to purchase ready to use, or you can make your own using pretty paper or greaseproof paper bags and cut out designs in them to create a fancier look (such a great craft project with girlfriends over some great vino, or with kids on a lazy Sunday afternoon).
Here is the definitive to setting up candle bags or luminaria most effectively:
- Open up the bag and pour approximately 2-3 cups of sand, kitty litter, small pebbles or soil into it.
- Place the bags about 1-1.5m apart for maximum lighting effect.
- Place a candle into the centre of the pile, pushing it down into the soil so it is positioned upright and straight. You can use heavy duty tea light candle or a votive candle.
- Light the candles using either a large BBQ match or a grill lighter. Smaller matches will be difficult to use and will take quite some time if you have a number of candles to light.
- Extinguish the candle once you have finished the event.
- You can reuse the bags afterwards if stored dry.
Remember that luminaries are flammable so you need to be extremely careful when using them and don’t let children play with them.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.