Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Get the Look: Kim Kardashian's Wedding
No matter what you think of uber-celebrity Kim Kardashian of Keeping Up with the Kardashian's fame, you must give her credit for creating a sophisticated wedding on the weekend. In front of 450 celebrity guests, the exotic beauty with the famous backside married her basketball legend fiancee Kris Humphries, making them a cool $17m+ with the sale of the images and story of the big day to People Magazine and E's television channel.
Whilst the details at this stage remain a little sketchy until People Magazine goes on sale on 5th September, there have been a few images released which give us some glimpses of the glamorous occasion.
Kim chose a chic black and white damask theme complete with a KK monogram representing Kim and Kris's first names. The motif ran right through the wedding day - including beautiful details such as personalising the wedding aisle runner. Here are our favourite details from Kim and Kris' big day on Saturday and some ways Aussie brides can incorporate this elegant theme into their own wedding details.
- Kim and Kris selected an elegant and modern monogram in black, and added a chic black, white with silver accented damask pattern on their wedding invitations and then kept the same motif throughout their wedding decorations and stationery. If you love the idea of a monogram as your wedding motif (afterall, you would be following Kate and William's very sophisticated and royal lead as well), then you could select monogram wedding invitations and show the same design to your other vendors like decorators and cake decorator so they can include the same monogram on your wedding day details.
- One of our favourite details from the day that has been released so far is the personalised wedding aisle runner which included the couple's damask motif and monogram in black on white. This stunning feature stood out and is one gorgeous way that Australian couples can bring the same Kardashian glamour to their own ceremony - Australia's number one online wedding shop, Pink Frosting sells personalised aisle runners which are customised for you with your choice of design and colour scheme and printed with your names or monogram.
- The menu for the reception is actually perfect for the Australian Summer. Famous chef and restauranteur Wolfgang Puck designed the menu with the couple and it included buffalo mozzarella and heirloom tomato salad with basil and "tomato chips"; followed by a choice of hand-formed agnolotti with sweet corn mascarpone and summer truffles, or roast chicken with Yukon Gold potato puree, caramelised brussels sprouts and summer truffles. This delicious menu could be easily used as inspiration for your own wedding reception - simply discuss these yummy details with your caterer and see if they can incorporate a bit of new Hollywood glamour into your wedding reception food.
- The wedding favours and bomboniere were again personalised for the big day. The couple gave their guests embroidered white pashmina's with the words Mr & Mrs Humphries and their wedding date embroidered on the bottom. You can recreate a personalised wedding favours for your big day with the stunning range of bomboniere at Pink Frosting. Depending on your budget, you could choose personalised damask mint tins featuring your names and wedding day, personalised lollipops in the colour and design of your choice, or even personalised playing cards customised with your wedding details and message for your guests.
- The bride wore three Vera Wang gowns on the day- only a few glimpses of the gowns have been released as yet, so we will have to stay tuned for the People Magazine coverage next week. But one glamorous detail that hasn't gone unnoticed is the beautiful real diamond headpiece that Kim wore under her veil. This stunning creation can be replicated with the pretty designs at Stephanie Browne Australia, and we are certain that imitations of Kim's headpiece will be released before we know it!
Here is the E News coverage of the wedding day:
What makes us so excited about this modern Hollywood romance and wedding day is that the details are attainable for you to recreate or be inspired by for your wedding day, without having to spend millions of dollars on your wedding day!
Shop the divine Black and White Damask Wedding Theme at Australia's #1 online wedding shop, Pink Frosting >>
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.