Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
DIY Christmas Invitations and Stationery
DIY Christmas cards don't need to look cheap, even if they are cheap! Creating your own beautiful bespoke Christmas card can be handmade keepsake that friends and family treasure forever.
So how do you make the perfect DIY Christmas card?
- Start by being realistic. Are you a crafty person? Do you have the time for the project? Hand making dozens of Christmas cards can be extremely time consuming, so make sure you have the time, energy and expertise to get the job done!
- Give yourself plenty of time for the project. If your concept is elaborate, don't expect that you'll whip up 50 Christmas cards over one weekend. The more time up your sleeve, the more time you'll have to be creative and get into the festive spirit.
- Research stationery trends and ideas before you start purchasing your materials. There are literally hundreds of inspiring ideas online, but also browse magazines and take note of current trends in colours, fashions and design.
- Be innovative. Try out a few different designs; make mock ups of your favourite concepts to see which one works the best. This will also help you finalise your stationery shopping list.
- Some of the simplest designs work the best - a child's handprint in festive green or red, a pop up Christmas tree in crisp white card or a card cut into the shape of a star are just some simple but effective design ideas.
- Write a detailed shopping list, paying particular consideration to quantities. You may need paper,
trims, ribbons, envelopes, pens, adornments, cards and glue - all of which can add up
if you don't stick to your budget.
- Set aside time and a special area at home. You'll need plenty of room for your equipment and
- Let your friends and family know that your cards were made by hand. Proudly write "made by..." on the back of your card.
- Pink Frosting sells an elegant range of do it yourself stationery, paper craft supplies and crafting tools and a spectacular range of designer papers to help you create memorable Christmas cards.
If you're a crafty person, creating your own Christmas cards can be a highlight of the holiday season. With the right materials and know-how you can create a beautiful, bespoke card that delights your family and friends.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.