Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Devonshire Tea Party Recipes and Menu
If you're serving afternoon tea to guests, then a Devonshire tea simply cannot be beaten. Such a pretty and traditional way to entertain your party guests for a child's birthday party, a bridal or baby shower or kitchen tea. Pop on the kettle and brew up some beautiful teas for guests to enjoy, then serve with our delicious freshly baked scones with jam and cream.
3 cups self raising flour
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons caster sugar
60g chilled butter, chopped
1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
Raspberry, strawberry and plum jams to serve
Double cream or clotted cream to serve
Preheat oven to 230°C.
Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
Rub in the chopped butter and use your fingers to make fine breadcrumbs from the rub.
- Drop the buttermilk into the centre of the dry mixture and make a sticky dough by mixing together with a butter knife.
Lightly flour the rolling surface and pop the dough onto this, kneading until it comes together. Remember not to knead too much as the scones will become tough not light.
- Once kneaded, press the dough so it is about 2cm thick.
Flour square cake pan or cookie tray and use a 5cm round cutter to cut out the scones and drop them onto your pan.
- Dust the scones with a little flour for a soft finish and bake for approx. 10 minutes until golden brown.
Turn scones out on to a clean tea towel or paper towel and cover lightly with another tea towel.
Serve scones warm or at room temperature, with jam and cream, or butter, if desired.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.