Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Decorating & Styling a Kids Party
Decorations can turn even the most ordinary backyard into a magical party place! Here are some of our top tips for creating a party atmosphere that makes your little guests say ‘wow'!
- Once you've settled on the party location, time and date, choosing your theme will help you prepare for your party. Give yourself at least six weeks before party day to get organised.
- You may already have a theme in mind, or you may like to look to the birthday girl or boy for inspiration. Take your cues from your child's passions. Does your son love dinosaurs? Are fairies the fashion of the moment for your daughter? Any theme is possible provided you are flexible, crafty or have friends and family who are!
- Look at the resources at your disposal. Do you already have themed party supplies, toys or other equipment that you could work into your theme? For instance, a circus party is not complete without a menagerie of circus animals, so raid your children's toy boxes for stuffed elephants, lions, tigers and bears.
- When ordering supplies, make sure you give yourself at least two weeks. While some orders can be received in a matter of days, some may take weeks to arrive.
- Stick with two or three base colours for your theme. Fairy parties work best in pink and purple, circus parties look fabulous in red, blue and yellow, and pirate parties are a treat in black, white and red. By limiting your colour palette you'll find it easier to select the right decorations and, more importantly, it will add extra wow factor.
- Look in toy stores and $2 shops for miniature toys that match your theme colours, shapes or characters. You can use these decorations on your cake or the table, and also in lolly bags for the kids to take home.
- Themed tableware and party supplies are available for a range of party themes. Pink Frosting stocks party supplies for circus, fairy, princess, pirate, ballerina, magic, jungle and dinosaur parties - to name just a few!
Pink Frosting sells a gorgeous range of kids party decorations to help you create a truly stylish kids birthday party for you and your guests.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.